Heard County

Buckhead

In a club near Corinth. Went yesterday and today (12/7), activity seems to have dropped off. Saw 2 does in 2 days. 3 other hunters didn’t see any over same time frame

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Full blow chasing at our club today close to Glenn.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
ANY MORE SIGN AROUND SNAKE CREEK OUR SCRAPES ARE FULL OF PINESTRAW, HAD A CAM ON THEM FOR 2 WEEKS DOGS AND DOES ALL I GOT!

GWH

There aren't any bucks left in Heard Co. They packed up and left after hearing all the shooting you have been doing

toolmkr20

One of our members shot a nice 10pt yesterday. We’re just now starting to see scrapes pop up. About right for our area on the West side of Heard, basically on the Alabama line. Mid to late December is usually prime time for us. I was glad when they extended the season a little for that very reason.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
One of our members shot a nice 10pt yesterday. We’re just now starting to see scrapes pop up. About right for our area on the West side of Heard, basically on the Alabama line. Mid to late December is usually prime time for us. I was glad when they extended the season a little for that very reason.
My brother hunts close to Ephesus on the Alabama line and scrapes are popping up there now, he got a bunch of nice bucks in 1 week on cam.

GWH

Hunted all day, heard two shots, saw nothing other than turkeys and two buck rabbits. The lady hasn't sung yet. Let that head swelling go down! Still a lot of time to go.

toolmkr20

I went in at 10 today because of the full moon. I was on stand for probably 30 minutes when I had a decent buck come cruising through. I tried a couple times to get him to stop but he had his mind on something else. He never lifted his head or slowed up. Things are definitely still hot on our lease. I hope this nasty weather coming through next week doesn’t mess things up.

toolmkr20

Found this rub while hunting over the holiday and went to check my camera and had this little fella on there. Hope to get a crack at him before the season ends and if not hopefully he'll make it through till next season. He is an 8pt that has another point starting on the right main beam. Might be a monster next year. Here are a couple pics of that 6pt from earlier posts as well. WGI_0065.JPG
IMG_0827.JPGIMG_0832.JPGWGI_0006.JPGWGI_0008.JPG

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Found this rub while hunting over the holiday and went to check my camera and had this little fella on there. Hope to get a crack at him before the season ends and if not hopefully he'll make it through till next season. He is an 8pt that has another point starting on the right main beam. Might be a monster next year. Here are a couple pics of that 6pt from earlier posts as well. View attachment 954845
View attachment 954843View attachment 954844View attachment 954846View attachment 954847
Nice rub.

toolmkr20

So how did everyone finish out? Just one doe for me. Saw several deer this year for the limited times I got to go. Saw a few young bucks from the stand and one shooter that came and went like a ghost lol. Got a lot of plans for this coming summer like building and putting out troughs and maybe creating some small food plots in between some pine rows. Hope these bucks make it till next year. Can’t wait to see what they turn into.

toolmkr20

How's everyone's crop of deer looking this year? I need to go pull my cards and check. I put my cameras out a little later than usual this year. Hopefully some of those bucks that were there at the end of the season are still hanging around.