Heat up the grease!

littlejon

I hit the pond this morning for a few hours to try to find some for fish tacos. I only caught 8 today. My smallest was 11" and my largest was 15 and a 1/2 inches. I didn't have to throw any back because these were the only ones I caught and lost a really nice one. They have definitely moved up and are getting ready to spawn. These girls were chasing bait fish in about 10 feet of water. Caught 4 spots, two intentional and two unintentional, Tight lines

Attachments

• 20200327_171227-1162x557.jpg
    20200327_171227-1162x557.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200327_144905-1209x1209.jpg
    20200327_144905-1209x1209.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

RamblinWreck

Nice catch!

A friend and I fished a different big pond this morning. Nice change of scenery. All 11" - 13". Before I dumped a bag of ice on them:
hcrap1.jpg

Fullnet2

I hit the pond this morning for a few hours to try to find some for fish tacos. I only caught 8 today. My smallest was 11" and my largest was 15 and a 1/2 inches. I didn't have to throw any back because these were the only ones I caught and lost a really nice one. They have definitely moved up and are getting ready to spawn. These girls were chasing bait fish in about 10 feet of water. Caught 4 spots, two intentional and two unintentional, Tight lines[/QUO

Nice fish, always enjoy your reports.
crappie fishing has been incredible this spring.

RamblinWreck

It is a cliche', but true : country boys can survive. There are 24 filets on a dozen fat crappie, and 2 of them make a meal if you throw back the smalls and keep the thick-backs.

A freezer full of venison backstrap, sausage, and feral hog hams, plus fresh panfish a couple times a week. I'm fine. Oh, is the store out of meat and fish? I didn't even know...

RamblinWreck

Oh yeah. PM me please.

snapdog

Well, the wife got the grease heated up and we ate like kings, why are the simplest things in life the best, So good (y)
You hit it on the head.. The simplest things in life are the most rewarding. Not much lying ,cheating ,mis representing the truth to make s dollar . If the business world only was that truthful imagine how this country would be.

snapdog

I am 63 years old and can only count on a handful of people to be totally truthful in my dealings with them. Not the country from my youth.