Heaven...

PWalls

Heaven is the place where God is. I don't know of any simpler way to put it. And anything more technical doesn't change that either. Not trying to be smart.

Wow. I was beginning to get worried. Seems a lot of folks want to talk about hades, but not many entertain the idea of conversing of heaven. Thank you pwalls... Does this mean if God is in my heart, that's heaven? And, other than hades, is there a place void of God? If not, does that mean anywhere other than hades is heaven? I here there will be no tears in heaven, but I see a battered wife and scared-to-death children weeping in a situation totally out of their control. I like to think God is there with them, but...

PWalls

I'm not up on Revelation like I should be, but I believe in a physical location for Heaven that is not here at this time. I believe after the Rapture that this will change with the coming of New Jerusalem and such.

I can only refer you to the Bible on this one or maybe someone more learned than me on this subject.

StriperAddict

Can't wait...

billyjames said:
Just a follow-up to my previous question on hades. Where and what exactly is heaven?

My favorite subject of all time! Thanks for asking. I'll try to post some great info here the next days, but please REST assured that if you gave your heart to the Lord Jesus Christ in humble faith, sins and all, that He will not only bring grace and mercy (His presence) to this life, but incredible beauty and joy beyond your imagination in that life to come, in your new ressurected body.

I've long trashed the old notion that "Christians are so heavenly minded they're no earthy good", because the opposite was true for me for a long time before a good study on heaven: that I was so earthly minded that I was no Heavenly (or earthly) good!

Consider...

Colossians 3:1-4
1 Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. 3 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory (NASB).

I'll try to answer your question with better descriptions soon.

:)

SBG

StriperAddict said:
My favorite subject of all time! Thanks for asking. I'll try to post some great info here the next days, but please REST assured that if you gave your heart to the Lord Jesus Christ in humble faith, sins and all, that He will not only bring grace and mercy (His presence) to this life, but incredible beauty and joy beyond your imagination in that life to come, in your new ressurected body.

I've long trashed the old notion that "Christians are so heavenly minded they're no earthy good", because the opposite was true for me for a long time before a good study on heaven: that I was so earthly minded that I was no Heavenly (or earthly) good!

Consider...

Colossians 3:1-4
1 Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. 3 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory (NASB).

I'll try to answer your question with better descriptions soon.

:)

Somehow I missed this post previously.

Great post Stripe!