Hello from SW Florida

LTFDretired

Greetings all! Retiring here to SW Florida. LifeTime GA license holder, one of the first 500 when the state first offered that option!
Just settling in so Hunting this year in FL and GA on hold. Once I get all done with that I look forward to getting back to a lease with good folks to hunt with.
Deer and Turkey hunter only.
Bow, crossbow, rifle and shotgun in my inventory.
Hunted many states when I was younger AL, FL, PA, NJ, NY, MD, MO

I forward to reading about your hunting adventures, hunting tips etc.

Be safe and be well!

jammeri5

Welcome to the forum. You’ll surely be entertained and learn a few things. Hope your retirement is great

We just came back from Sanibel. Pretty place with some good fishing but you guys can keep those bugs

LTFDretired

Jammeri5: Thermacell !!!!! Worked in the woods in many states I hunted.

ghadarits

Welcome to the forum. You’ll surely be entertained and learn a few things. Hope your retirement is great

We just came back from Sanibel. Pretty place with some good fishing but you guys can keep those bugs

Was it the no seeums os skeeters that got you? I knew an old guy that used to actually farm on Sanibel in the late 40's and early 50's he said that the bitters were way worse then. Its hard to believe but with all of the water control they have now compared to then that was dug for that exact reason it has to be better.

Last edited:

bullgator

Greetings all! Retiring here to SW Florida. LifeTime GA license holder, one of the first 500 when the state first offered that option!
Just settling in so Hunting this year in FL and GA on hold. Once I get all done with that I look forward to getting back to a lease with good folks to hunt with.
Deer and Turkey hunter only.
Bow, crossbow, rifle and shotgun in my inventory.
Hunted many states when I was younger AL, FL, PA, NJ, NY, MD, MO

I forward to reading about your hunting adventures, hunting tips etc.

Be safe and be well!
Welcome. I’m in Brooksville, probably a few counties north of you.
Enjoy the forums.

Boondocks

Was is the no seeums os skeeters that got you? I knew an old guy that used to actually farm on Sanibel in the late 40's and early 50's he said that the bitters were way worse then. Its hard to believe but with all of the water control they have now compared to then that was dug for that exact reason it has to be better.
Was it Black Diamond Potato ?

jammeri5

Was it the no seeums os skeeters that got you? I knew an old guy that used to actually farm on Sanibel in the late 40's and early 50's he said that the bitters were way worse then. Its hard to believe but with all of the water control they have now compared to then that was dug for that exact reason it has to be better.
No seeums on the beach. They were terrible at night. Heard skin so soft would work but we just stayed in

ghadarits

No seeums on the beach. They were terrible at night. Heard skin so soft would work but we just stayed in

Really the only relatively bug free time in SW FL is when you have a good breeze. In Alaska it would have to be a hurricane force wind to deter those mosquitos. A thermocell would be a good tool to invest in or two or three of them.

LTFDretired

The newer Thermacell is a good improvement over the original
MR450 Armored Portable Mosquito Repeller
Rural King, WalMart and others sell it. Thermacell has expanded the line to a variety of situation camping, backpacking, patio, lanterns and perimeter devices. Latest invocation is tick tubes you can use around your home or hunting cabin.

Latest posts