Help. Need info concerning land on lake Oconee

Hunter Haven

I need to know if anyone on here is familiar with an area known as Carey Station in Greene County on lake Oconee. The area i'm needing info on is lots that are for sale. I have a copy of surveyed lots that are waterfront on Oconee.This is a long story to try and discuss at this time, but was hoping to recieve comments from anyone with knowledge. Please add any comments whether good or bad. I need all info I can get such as, good or bad area, prices, types of homes existing around this area, general quality of water(normal color), etc. I looking for any comments what so ever. Thanks in advance!!!!!

Toliver

I don't know about your specific area but I'd love to have some lake front property on Oconee. I saw a Bald Eagle one day soaring over the water while I was crossing the lake going through the National Forest.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
The water in that area stains when it rains. The houses are generally on the mid range bracket as compared to other areas at Oconee such as Port Armour or Reynolds.

While Bald Eagles have been seen on and around the lake through the years the Osprey population is very high. They look very much like a BE except that their underside is white as well.

If you want further info I suggest you send an e-mail to JT2 (a member & real eastate agent in the area).

gadeerwoman

Good area. You are right at the split of Oconee and Appalachee rivers, right off I-20. Some good fishing in that area.

Hunter Haven

thanks for your info. Any other help would be appreciative.