Help picking a kayak

wmflyfisher

Randy is a veteran and knows his stuff so any recommendation from him is golden but here's another vote for the Ride 135. I have owned 3 so far and for some reason I always end up going back to it. The layout is PERFECT IMO. Good luck.

-Wes

ZachYak

:confused:
Do they fall apart or something after so long? How long?
What's not the deal here?

Nothing wrong with the Rides.

I'm pretty sure what he was saying was he likes to try alot of kayaks so he'll sell his Ride and get another one and end up not liking it as much as the Ride so he sells the other yak and gets a new Ride :cool:

ejs1980

Let's plan a trip down there. My mother-in-law lives in Thomasville so I will come down and bring my Trident 15 for you to try out. I'll bring a Big Game also.

Couldn't pass that up if I already had a kayak. Just let me know when will be good for you and I'll make arrangements. I live about 35 minutes from Thomasville.

wmflyfisher

Nothing wrong with the Rides.

I'm pretty sure what he was saying was he likes to try alot of kayaks so he'll sell his Ride and get another one and end up not liking it as much as the Ride so he sells the other yak and gets a new Ride :cool:

Bingo :) I'm drawn to new yaks!

ejs1980

Well I wound up getting a good deal on a x-factor saturday. Had it on the water yesterday and today. It is a little tough to get going but it goes a long way once you do. I can stand in it and the gator hatch has been a comfortable place for my four year old to hang out. He gets a little fussy about the life vest being hot but a couple splashes with the paddle and he cools off. Hit the river today and got in and out several times in shallow water. Definetly have to make a stakeout pole and a extender for my pickup. I still think I want a trident 15 for those long paddles like may be necessary in the salt.
We got it slimed today with about thirty redbreast and the boy had a blast wading around on the sandbars. On the way back the my son had his foot in the water and I told him to put it back in the boat. He said would an alligator get it. I said no but we might scare one going that fast and quiet. About that time we hit a gar about three foot long sunning on top of the water and it made a pretty good splash If only I had it on video catching the look on his face would have been worth the price of a new yak. I didn't have to tell him to pick up his foot again.

ZachYak

Well I wound up getting a good deal on a x-factor saturday. Had it on the water yesterday and today. It is a little tough to get going but it goes a long way once you do. I can stand in it and the gator hatch has been a comfortable place for my four year old to hang out. He gets a little fussy about the life vest being hot but a couple splashes with the paddle and he cools off. Hit the river today and got in and out several times in shallow water. Definetly have to make a stakeout pole and a extender for my pickup. I still think I want a trident 15 for those long paddles like may be necessary in the salt.
We got it slimed today with about thirty redbreast and the boy had a blast wading around on the sandbars. On the way back the my son had his foot in the water and I told him to put it back in the boat. He said would an alligator get it. I said no but we might scare one going that fast and quiet. About that time we hit a gar about three foot long sunning on top of the water and it made a pretty good splash If only I had it on video catching the look on his face would have been worth the price of a new yak. I didn't have to tell him to pick up his foot again.

Awesome!! The malibu kayaks look sweet but no stores in GA sell them. I'm glad you had a good time out with your son, soon enough you'll be on the market for a 'yak for him :cool: