Help please

specialk

If you are just making breakfast sausage any grinder will do , but if you are doing any kind that requires stuffing then i would look at one that can grinding as well as stuffing..

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If you are just making breakfast sausage any grinder will do , but if you are doing any kind that requires stuffing then i would look at one that can grinding as well as stuffing..
The stuffer works good on my NT one. I think pretty much all of them have stuffer attachments.

Studawg170

sbroadwell

if you have a kitchenaid mixer you can get a grinder attachment for it. dont buy their grinder though, i bought a aftermarket one on ebay for under $40. the one i have from kitchenaid split where it was molded together after a few times.

Kenome Mixer Meat Grinder Food Grinder Attachments For Stand Kitchen Aid Mixers

Mine split, too. I glued it back together with Rodbond, fishing rod epoxy. Any good two part epoxy would work, I imagine. I've been using mine after gluing for several years now.
My daughter bought one of those aftermarket ones, and it is great. Wish I had known about it before I bought the Kitchen Aid attachment.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
The LEM or Cabelas that @NCHillbilly mentioned would more worthwhile in the long run, especially if you want to later add attachments like a meat cuber or meat mixer. I've had an LEM for 16 years and the only thing I've had to do is replace a worn out nylon bushing and sharpen or replace the knives and plate. I actually bought a dedicated sausage stuffer a few years ago to have better control over filling casings.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The LEM or Cabelas that @NCHillbilly mentioned would more worthwhile in the long run, especially if you want to later add attachments like a meat cuber or meat mixer. I've had an LEM for 16 years and the only thing I've had to do is replace a worn out nylon bushing and sharpen or replace the knives and plate. I actually bought a dedicated sausage stuffer a few years ago to have better control over filling casings.

This. ^ LEM for the win. Mine's at least 16 years old and still going strong without a hitch.

naildrvr

I've got an LEM then I bought at Bass Pro around 20 years ago. It has been used countless times and has never failed.

Latest posts