Help

Eroc15

I live in Gainesville,GA and I am having a hard time finding a place to hunt. I know it’s close to deer season but I don’t know where else to look. I would like to be within an hour drive and willing to pay dues and even a little extra due to me being sure I missed workdays. I am partially paralyzed of left lower extremities. But hunted my entire life. Weekend warrior due to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Geffellz18

I too live in Gainesville and it has been nearly impossible to get into any clubs nearby. Every time I stopped to talk to someone about openings, it seemed to be the gotta know someone already in, good ol’ boy system to get in kind of deal. So I pretty much gave up and rarely hunt up here if at all now other than an occasional trip to public land-although I don’t take much time to scout it so I’m pretty much flying blind!

As already suggested, there is plenty of public land available to hunt on the National forest.
Check out hunt days for Wilson Shoals WMA. Only about 20-30 minutes from Gainesville up 365 and they have a dedicated handicap spot too up on the NE portion. At least they did a couple of years ago. I’m sure the folks at the shooting range can confirm that.
Not sure what the current status of the roads are right now though either. Earlier this year, several were closed due to being washed out from all the heavy rain. I’d hope they had them fixed by now though.
There’s also Tallulah falls and Lake Russell WMA’s within and hour too.
You can hunt the power lines at Tallulah falls which may be a good option too.
Best of luck to you.
Lastly, Welcome to the campfire! ?