Help!

deerslayer357

I need Help with buying a complete AR upper-
I already have a complete AR in 556.
Am looking to buy a 300 blackout upper to go on my existing lower.
I am planning to buy an aero precision complete upper- but it says it doesn’t include bcg or charging handle.

Can I use my bcg and charging handle from the already assembled 556 AR easily?

I am a newbie to building/swapping at parts.

Thanks

Stevie Ray

AR-15s are not my area of expertise but I don't believe you'll have any issues swapping out a single BCG and charging handle between the 5.56 and 300blk uppers, some may say you could have headspace issues and some may say you could wear parts faster but I believe most everybody will say it's no problem.

I don't know about swapping BCGs with differing gas length systems though?

Jester896

Senior Clown
Yes, you can swap them...but I wouldn't. At the very least I would get a new bolt for your Bolt Carrier. I wouldn't worry about headspace issues, I'm sure when they chambered the gun it was generously chambered since they didn't have a bolt from the rifle to use. The reason I think this way is the bolts may cause different wear patterns with each of the barrel adapters. Keeping the same bolt with the barrel adapter makes it a non issue.

the carrier and the handle it wouldn't be an issue

krizia829

I would get a bcg dedicated to the new upper just so you have one on each but yes, you can use the 5.56 bcg on the 300 blackout.

deerslayer357

Ended up buying an upper from psa- still doesn’t come with charging handle or bcg, but don’t expect to switch back and forth frequently so I will use the bcg and charging handle I have. If I end up swapping back and forth more than I expect to I will buy a second bcg and charging handle.

Thanks guys!