Hiking area around Track Rock

ripplerider

If you're going go before the spring green-up. I've been in there twice to see the "village." You can see the rock walls much better this time of year. They're different than most old homesteads that I've seen up here. Maybe were built by a slightly eccentric farmer long ago. Maybe the Indians are responsible, but I strongly doubt the Mayan theory. I know where there's a mountain maybe 10 miles from there with a circular wall right on top about 50 feet across. That wasnt done by a farmer. Maybe a spot for a beacon fire?

oldguy

Well, so much for time spent looking for something that doesn't exist. Time to move on and get started looking for Bigfoot and a black panther.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
If you're going go before the spring green-up. I've been in there twice to see the "village." You can see the rock walls much better this time of year. They're different than most old homesteads that I've seen up here. Maybe were built by a slightly eccentric farmer long ago. Maybe the Indians are responsible, but I strongly doubt the Mayan theory. I know where there's a mountain maybe 10 miles from there with a circular wall right on top about 50 feet across. That wasnt done by a farmer. Maybe a spot for a beacon fire?
There are several old forts on top of a few mtn tops around old gold mines in the area also.

Artfuldodger

Just the stone walls and fences is interesting to me. I can see where farmers would make some for erosion control.

I think there are authenticated stone walls all over the US built by Native Americans. I guess they had all sorts of reasons. Many of them aren't tall enough to keep other humans or animals out.

In some areas the rocks were carried from the streams below. I can see them doing it as an effigy of a snake. I'm not sure what other reasons they would do it. Maybe they were guides or borders for spirits.