Hit the Redneck Lottery

ssramage

***Update in Post #12***

A few guys know this but I think enough time has passed that I can share here too now that the pieces are starting to come together.

Back at the end of last year, I entered one of those random social media sweepstakes. I enter every one I see usually but never knew people actually won them. I just assumed it was a way to get people's names for blast email campaigns. This one was the Redmond Hunt/Heartland Bowhunter sweepstakes. Long story short, I found out in March that I was selected as the grand prize winner.

https://redmondhunt.com/heartland-bowhunter-hunt/

It still seems pretty surreal. I've been watching Heartland Bowhunter since their very first season and have been putting out trophy rocks for a long time as well. I feel very fortunate and grateful to have been given this opportunity. I've got a lot of great new hunting gear and am looking forward to my first midwest hunt in Ohio this season. I'm still waiting on exact dates, but it'll be early season. Should be a little bit of a change compared to these southeast GA deer I typically hunt.

I share all of this to say, I've had a bunch of conversations with these guys and they seem like really good people. As you start preparing for the upcoming season, consider supporting them with your business. Hopefully I'll be sharing some nice pics of a big, mature OH buck this Sept!

Last edited:

bear claw

bearded driveler
Very cool. Goodluck. I know a guy who won a mule deer hunt in the late 90's by entering in one of these deals. I've never taken the time to enter.

Luv2Bowhnt

that's awesome. HB is one of my favorite hunting shows. The guys seem like really down to earth, good guys. Best of luck and keep us posted on how it goes.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
A few guys know this but I think enough time has passed that I can share here too now that the pieces are starting to come together.

Back at the end of last year, I entered one of those random social media sweepstakes. I enter every one I see usually but never knew people actually won them. I just assumed it was a way to get people's names for blast email campaigns. This one was the Redmond Hunt/Heartland Bowhunter sweepstakes. Long story short, I found out in March that I was selected as the grand prize winner.

It still seems pretty surreal. I've been watching Heartland Bowhunter since their very first season and have been putting out trophy rocks for a long time as well. I feel very fortunate and grateful to have been given this opportunity. I've got a lot of great new hunting gear and am looking forward to my first midwest hunt in Ohio this season. I'm still waiting on exact dates, but it'll be early season. Should be a little bit of a change compared to these southeast GA deer I typically hunt.

I share all of this to say, I've had a bunch of conversations with these guys and they seem like really good people. As you start preparing for the upcoming season, consider supporting them with your business. Hopefully I'll be sharing some nice pics of a big, mature OH buck this Sept!

Happened to a good dude. Hope you get a goodun Steven.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree

Good stuff! You will have a good time no matter what, but if the deer and the weather cooperate you will have a freaking blast

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Heck yeah , congrats ! Hopefully it’s a hunt of a lifetime !

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Man that’s awesome!! Congratulations and hope you have the time of your life!

LTFDretired

Good to know a contest that had a real winner! We look forward to your results from your trip in September. Ohio has some beautiful land. OK, I am jealous

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Good for you. Enjoy it and I hope you have an awesome hunt and experience with the HB

bullgator

Congratulations......I hope to catch that episode.

ssramage

Well guys, wanted to share an update on this, although not the update I wanted to share. Not sure when, or if, the hunt will occur so I wanted to close the loop since a few were following along. Sometimes life has a way of putting things in perspective, and at the end of the day, a deer hunt just isn't all that important.

Long story short, the gentleman that I was to be hunting with in Ohio, and someone I had developed a friendship with over the last few months, passed away from a battle with COVID yesterday. From all accounts, the world lost a good one. I was supposed to originally start my hunt tomorrow and was looking forward to meeting him.

At the end of the day, the hunt (or any hunt) isn't all that important. I'm looking forward to spending some time in the woods this fall with my kids, family, and friends. There's a couple young kids out there right now that won't get to do that again with their dad on this side of Heaven.

LTFDretired

It’s a shame. My buddy died and now the land we hunted is also unavailable. Cherish the memories

CaptKeith

Sorry to hear about your friend and the end of your trip, very sad. But you are right, priorities change when serious things happen in your life.