Hobby Lobby Four Dollar Scrap Strap....

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
That`ll work just fine.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Been playing with the thing all day, and it's a winner.

Thru sheer luck, with the rough side of the leather against the weapon, it stays put wherever you cinch it down, with no sliding.

Again, pure luck and no skill on my part, it is fully adjustable front to back, by moving and recinching...

Very happy with my rainy day project, and it's the only one of it's kind...

LOVEMYLABXS

Nice job looks real good.

Big7

The Oracle
Been playing with the thing all day, and it's a winner.

Thru sheer luck, with the rough side of the leather against the weapon, it stays put wherever you cinch it down, with no sliding.

Again, pure luck and no skill on my part, it is fully adjustable front to back, by moving and recinching...

Very happy with my rainy day project, and it's the only one of it's kind...
Yes Sir.. Those little ideas come in handy when the material makes itself available!!
That sort of thing is definitely one of a kind!

Look's like your project came out GOOD!!!

Anvil Head

Here's the thing you need to watch out for - that leather is probably chem-tanned with salts containing chromium. When it gets wet and maintains contact with most metals - steel, iron, brass, nickel silver, etc., it will start a corrosion process. It should be ok, just do not leave it in contact with the metal for extended periods of time say like when storing. Keep an eye on any contact points. Salt corrosion is much harder to "kill" than simple sheet rust, because it causes deeper pitting.

Preference would be to use a veggie tanned leather with a neatsfoot/beeswax finish.

Note for all you scroungers out there - thrift stores can be a great source for "clothing" grade leather for pouches, etc. Just check out the long leather skirts/dresses/handbags/belts lot of material on the cheap. Just remember most of these leathers are also chem tanned.