Hog hunting Ocmulgee WMA

jthunt1

Two more days of northern zone deer season time to hunt some pigs. Anybody hog hunt Ocmulgee? Have done fair there in the past. Wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to hunt?

gtaff

Banned
Isn't that WMA near Macon? If you are looking for a hunting partner to go down there holler at me. I have not done any hog hunting but would love to get a few.

markland

A few of us from Muzzy are going down this weekend, want to look at some more areas. Looks like, from the aerials, that there is alot of nice pig habitat down there. I got a nice 150# hog down there 2 weeks ago with my recurve and saw 7, coulda shot 2 more, but 1 was enough to drag out. let me know if anyone is interested, always nice to meet some new members. Mark

kcausey

Banned
Ocmulgee WMA

Almost anywhere on Area 1 or back behind the check station will produce hogs.

gtaff

Banned
Mark did you guys end up coming down this weekend? If you did how was the hunting? I was heading that way except we have not had any power all weekend and still out today. There is no way I would leave mama at home with no power to go hunting. Our anniversery is Feb 10th and I would like to make it another year. Is there a possiblity that you could come down this coming up weekend?

markland

We went, took 6 1/2 hours to get down there Sat. morning, cold and wet is all I can say, Sun afternoon was nice, but walked alot and didn't find any fresh sign. I don't know where they went, just have to find what they are feeding on and you should find the sign. Looked at the southern tract and a little behind the check station, but it was like driving in a huge mud bog down the roads, so we didn't go to all the places I wanted. Won't be able to go down for awhile, might have to wait till next year. Just try to get close to the river and you should find something. Mark