Hog Wanted

gawhitetail

I would like to have at least 1 hog to put in the freezer this winter.

Would like to make arrangements with someone for a "you kill it, I'll come get it."

Prefer under 150 pounds live weight. More than one under 100 pounds is fine.

Gutted would be great. I do all of my own butchering.

I live in north Gwinnett so less than 2 hours one way would be great.

Please PM me if you can accommodate.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Maybe someone can help you out , I know a lot get left in the woods to rot ! But not from me , I had some sausage off of one this morning

trial&error

a member jagerpro used to do this from his hunts. they dropped them off at processor in americus. proc fee was $40 or 50 skinned and quartered. they may still do this.

tucker80

I would like to have at least 1 hog to put in the freezer this winter.

Would like to make arrangements with someone for a "you kill it, I'll come get it."

Prefer under 150 pounds live weight. More than one under 100 pounds is fine.

Gutted would be great. I do all of my own butchering.

I live in north Gwinnett so less than 2 hours one way would be great.

Please PM me if you can accommodate.

When could you pick up?

gawhitetail

This is what makes me leave them in the woods....folks ask for them then “have to check their chore list” when it comes time to pick it up. Good luck with that

Generally speaking, I just think that it is common courtesy to be up front and honest. I don't want to put anyone out just like I'm not going to sit around and wait for the phone to ring.

You take it how you want.

davel

I think what others are saying is they would like to give you the hog but they show up whenever... mostly late at night. You asked for one gutted...and on weekends. It just doesn't happen that way most of the the time. Maybe you will get lucky and find someone that will gut a hog they don't want on the weekend.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Maybe someone will trap you one, and you can go get it when ya want. Kill it, and haul it home.

I've gotten a few that way. Once several of us showed up to a full trap, drew straws for killin' order, and everybody left with pork...

GottaGetOutdoors

We trap hundreds of hogs throughout the year for landowners. We find takers for most of them. One guy in particular took over 100 from us over the past year. We dubbed him a "1-man food bank." He lives several hours away but can travel on short notice. I drop the gates on a sounder and text him a photo and waypoint. We set a meetup within 24-48 hours. He arrives and helps shoot and load hogs. Then he processes all the meat and donates it to other veterans who need the meat. It's a win-win!

Last edited:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
We trap hundreds of hogs throughout the year for landowners. We find takers for most of them. One guy in particular took over 100 from us last year. We dubbed him a "1-man food bank." He lives several hours away but can come on short notice. I drop the gates on a sounder and text him a photo and waypoint. We set a meetup time to meet within 24-48 hours. He arrives and helps shoot and load hogs. Then he processes all the meat and donates it to other veterans who need the meat. It's a win-win!

That gentleman is to be commended. Congrats to you and him on this food ministry of sorts!!!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
We trap hundreds of hogs throughout the year for landowners. We find takers for most of them. One guy in particular took over 100 from us last year. We dubbed him a "1-man food bank." He lives several hours away but can come on short notice. I drop the gates on a sounder and text him a photo and waypoint. We set a meetup time to meet within 24-48 hours. He arrives and helps shoot and load hogs. Then he processes all the meat and donates it to other veterans who need the meat. It's a win-win!

Hat tip ? and a Salute!!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Guitar Guy

I am shamelessly riding the coat tails of the OP, but I would absolutely be willing to trade some ammo or otherwise compensate someone for a super fresh meat hog or two within a couple of hours of Atlanta. I would prefer skinned and quartered for ease of transport, but I can gladly help do that.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Fin I get a chance, I’ll try to get two......it’s been a while though.