Hogs moved in on my property (video)

blakejeffers

I have lived on the same family farm my whole life and bought and adjacent property. For 25 plus years we never saw hogs and now we have plenty of them. It has not negatively affected out deer hunting, yet! Whats the best way y'all have found to remove large numbers of them off of your property?
Also, I made a video of us hunting them this past week with my night vision gear and I enjoy making and sharing my hunting adventures so if you get a chance check out the video and subscribe. Thanks and good luck on the remaining days of deer season!

transfixer

Only way I've ever heard to get rid of large numbers is trapping, we have them on our lease from time to time, but they've never set up permanent residence there, they do seem to frequent our area around this time of year though, up until about March,

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Dang some young bucks around here ?

280 Man

Banned
You will NEVER get rid of them! The only thing you can do is to control their numbers by trapping. Its gonna be real work to keep these things in check

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
lol I was dead on on the weight ??

Gbr5pb

Our hogs disappeared on there own this year! No idea why but didn’t root food plots or feeders! So good thing

across the river

Trap and stop baiting, unless it is in the trap.

sghoghunter

Our club is next door to a place that supposedly sells hog hunts and this summer me and my brother put a hurting on the hogs on our place. We ran 4 spin feeders with a cellular camera on each one and when a group of hogs became regulars we would go stay a couple days with our thermal scopes and kill as many as we could get. This deer season we killed 5 and only getting 3 on camera now but hopefully they will become history this weekend. You can kill them off if you stay on the map hard

Sweet talker

This is the method I’m leaning toward. We have killed 5 more since I posted that video.
Mine comes and goes, they will leave for about a month and then come back and clean out feeders and then leave again. Luckily they don't do much damage to my property.

AugustaDawg

If you have feeders, take them down. They will leave on their own. Have somebody with dogs hunt them and they will leave also. Both methods will work for a while, but the hogs will return.

FOLES55

What’s the trigger mechanism used here?

Greenacres

If you look at the left hand side of the trap, you can see the rope tied to a stick, which is wedged between the panel and a metal bar driven into the ground. Guess it’s some type of root stick...?
It took a couple of weeks to figure out the right bait placement for the hogs to hit it.

Attachments

• A6B0C773-B12C-45F5-A38C-D03212745B85.jpeg
    A6B0C773-B12C-45F5-A38C-D03212745B85.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 26

catch22

if you have the money look at some of the remote hog traps available....jagerpro comes to mind but I think there are others. Captures the whole sounder at one time.

If not corral trap and kill everyone you can.

Brian Groce

Good Job! Keep working on them or they will get out of hand fast.