Holster Questions

lildorris00

Looking for recommendations on which brand/style of holsters you guys prefer.

I have never been much of a handgun guy until the last few years, I have a S&W 9mm and a Kimber 1911 .45. I plan to carry the .45 in the woods for sure and keep the 9mm for conceal/ease.

What do you guys use and what do you recommend? Why or Why not? Thanks for the ideas.

TomC

I prefer kydex IWB even for larger handguns (i.e 10mm's) and certainly smaller calibers. I have owned SOOOOO many kydex holsters. Favorite by a country mile are the Cooks kydex IWB. Pay a few extra bucks for their "thinner" kydex. Stores that stock Cook's rarely have the "thinner" kydex so probably have to order online. Added bonus is they are a Georgia company!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Looking for a shoulder holster for my trapping pistol. Any ideas?

cactusjack

In addition to Tulster check out Bravo Concealment. Type of holster is also dependent on what you want to accomplish. Both are great brands and there are many many more. Vedder Holsters is another reputable company.

Jethro Bodean

If, like me, you despise threading a belt through a holster's belt loops, and want something very comfortable, secure, made well and very easy to install/remove, then check out this: Cobra

They also have a good assortment of other holster types, as well as a Cobra with a sweat shield, for $10 more.

I have one of those for all 3 of my Glocks that I carry OWB. I have a box full of holsters, and I grab one of these most every time.

Another brand, which has been around for a couple of decades, and remains one of the best holsters you can get, is Comp-Tac. I have bought them since forever, and have many of them in my holster box. Since the original owner retired and sold the business, their selection of holster types went downhill some, but the design and quality remain tops. Comp-Tac

Dub

Tucker HF-1 OWB

Tucker HF-1

Same gun in Milt Sparks VersaMax2 IWB

Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 IWB for 5" & 4.25" 1911

Palmetto Leather OWB for 4.25" 1911 DeSantis Superfly pocket holster

Last edited:

Dub

Tons of kydex options out there. I bought this OWB for a 10mm that I run a weapon light on.

Milt Sparks Criterion for 5" 1911, with one of their pocket magazine holders.

Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake OWB for 5.5" Redhawk

Better lighting on the Tucker OWB holsters:

Last edited:

Bubba_1122

While hunting or in the woods I wear a GS chest holster (made up in Alaska). I first saw someone wearing the holster in a pic in here and researched and found out who made it. I carry a 40 Glock in case run across hogs while bow hunting. Makes the pistol easily accessible.

I have several different other holsters that I’ll use for concealed carry.

BeefMaster

I’m sold on chest holsters. I carry a S&W 329pd in a Diamond D Guide’s Choice and I love it. Very comfortable, and it has a small patch for 6 extra rounds. It’s not kydex like the above chest holsters, and while kydex is a great material, I prefer the look and feel of leather. It never gets in the way or is problematic while wearing a pack either.

Last edited:

dusty200001

Railroader turned me on to a m7 holster today for the woods carry. This is newer model posted.

Attachments

• CE41CC2B-50C7-4E8F-911F-590184A14B2E.png
    CE41CC2B-50C7-4E8F-911F-590184A14B2E.png
    258.8 KB · Views: 15