Home Renovations

HuntinJake_23

Ever since we found out we were having a baby we wanted to redo our floors. We have three dogs and the stinky nasty carpet was getting worse. We decided on click together laminate (Select Surfaces from Sams Club). With having to deal with my sons early arrival, I hadn't been working on it as much as I wanted to. Now that he’s home, I’ve been able to get back to it and get it almost finished. Other than the laundry room, under the stove, and some quarter round and caulking the end is in sight!! Picture is of my sons room with wall boards and the done flooring.

Attachments

• 17F63551-10D7-4989-94E1-A961FECB6979.jpeg
    17F63551-10D7-4989-94E1-A961FECB6979.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 165

wvdawg

Staff member
Looks great!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good!

Duff

Sharp!!

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Looks great, Jake. We did a bedroom with some of the clip-together engineered flooring. Pretty easy to work with, and turned out nice. Probably to the other two bedrooms with carpet in them this year, and be all solid-surface flooring throughout at that point.

Love the distressed wood accent wall, too. Nice work!

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Wife & I have been debating on new carpet or wood (fabricated) flooring.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Ever since we found out we were having a baby we wanted to redo our floors. We have three dogs and the stinky nasty carpet was getting worse. We decided on click together laminate (Select Surfaces from Sams Club). With having to deal with my sons early arrival, I hadn't been working on it as much as I wanted to. Now that he’s home, I’ve been able to get back to it and get it almost finished. Other than the laundry room, under the stove, and some quarter round and caulking the end is in sight!! Picture is of my sons room with wall boards and the done flooring.
You did a great job!

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Concerned about echo. We have high ceilings & living room opens into dining room. Probably will go with laminate.
Well that is a concern! I've learned to live with great acoustics and play and sing my heart out in the living room. This place has amazing acoustics!