Homebrew Scent Killer **** UPDATED ****

albridges

A good read for different types of Homebrew Scent Products

http://www.prohuntersjournal.com/article/?a=58

Hey Guys,

Saw this link while researching homebrew scent control sprays. Interesting testing results.

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/ar...scent/?print=1

I saw this recipe for some homebrew scent killer and wanted to know if anyone else has any homebrew scent killer recipes.

If you would like to try and make some yourself, and save some money;

Ingredients for Homemade Scent Killer:

16 oz.. (2 cups) Peroxide (3%)

16 oz. (2 cups) Distilled Water

1/4 cup baking soda

1 oz. unscented shampoo (a good choice is H&S Scent-A-Way... the green stuff)

Mix in a large bowl (don't shake up in milk jug) so the baking soda dissolves. Once it's dissolved you can pour it into a milk jug.

Let sit for several days, so the chemical reaction settles down. During that time don't snap the cap on tight or shake the milk jug; it could explode.

Last edited:

Sargent

I've pretty much done the above recipe minus the shampoo.

bpryor

not a scent killer but a cover scent.

1. Fill spray bottle 1/2 with water.
2. Fill other 1/2 with vanilla extract.
3. Add 4 drops Tink's 69.

DeepweR

if the wind is blowing out of the NW,, hunt to the SE of where u expect the deer to come from. thats the best cover scent ever!

Back_40

The stuff in the little brown colored plastic bottles has stabilizers in it and contains a slight odor. Pure hydrogen peroxide is odorless. I purchase pure hydrogen peroxide from a local swimming pool supply store. Baquacil brand Shock and Oxidizer is the product I use. It comes in a one-gallon size blue colored plastic container. It is pure 27-percent hydrogen peroxide (no additives or stabilizers). You will have to dilute it with distilled water, down to 3 percent strength in order to use it in your home brew recipe. Also pour the solution into a clean, white-colored plastic bleach container. Don’t use a clear plastic milk jug. Hydrogen peroxide slowly breaks down to water when exposed to light.

nmorgan83

heres one that i do every year and it works iv had deer sniff my tree and walk right where i did and never suspect anything.. its simple take about 3 cups of fresh acorns and boil them for about 10 mins then let it cool take a pour the water into any spray bottle preferably one that is small and wont get in the way...sounds crazy but it does work

albridges

I have thought about doing the same thing with sweet gum leaves and green branches. Because I got a ton of sweet gum were I hunt, as do most of us Georgia hunters. But it has a very stony smell and always wanted to try it

heres one that i do every year and it works iv had deer sniff my tree and walk right where i did and never suspect anything.. its simple take about 3 cups of fresh acorns and boil them for about 10 mins then let it cool take a pour the water into any spray bottle preferably one that is small and wont get in the way...sounds crazy but it does work

whchunter

Great Information

Thanks.

I have been using Primos Silver and so far so good.

I wonder if the store bought stuff breaks down and looses it's scent protection from year to year. I always store mine in the house so it doesn't get too warm.

bukmaster58

i made some by gathering leaves and soil from my hunting area put in a big pot fill it up with water and 4oz of baking soda 4oz peroxide.bring to a boil sift out leAves and dirt.steep 1hr then funnel into sprAy bottles of you're choice and its good as store bought.

Posted from Gon.com App for Android