Homegrown Homemade Sweet Pickles!

sharon

Hey folks! I've canned about 135 pints of sweet RED cucumber pickles- I'll be finishing up the last batch this week!! They're from my garden and from my kitchen...FRESH, CRISPY and DELICIOUS! They would remind you of a candy apple taste!! Really great with ham, turkey, beans, cornbread and a big ol' slice of onion!! I pack these pints with lotsa pickles...each one weighs almost 2 pounds!! If anyone would like to try them, you can let me know! They're soooo good, they're the only thing that I can...I'm asking $5.00 a pint + shipping. If you like sweet pickles, you'll LOVE these!! You can send PM and I'll get back with you or email me at

sharonssmule@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Awesome Acres - Home of the King!

Attachments

• Red pickles.jpg
    Red pickles.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 432

sharon

I don't have the recipe for sugar free...but I'll be looking! Kevin, yours were shipped out on Monday (8/25/08)! Thanks!

garuralgal

Puritan's Pride has stevia (sweeter than sugar but diabetics can eat it) for a cheap price. If you got that, then here is the chart for using it:

The stevia powder referred to in this chart is the pure form,
or the liquid made from the pure powder.
Sugar amount Equivalent Stevia powdered extract Equivalent Stevia liquid concentrate
1 cup 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon
1 tablespoon 1/4 teaspoon 6 to 9 drops
1 teaspoon A pinch to 1/16 teaspoon 2 to 4 drops

Then I would be interested in your wares. Hubby would love some of that - he's the diabetic in the house.

sharon

Kevin, I just re-visited this post...saw your response! I'm so glad you like the pickles! Thanks again for your order!
Garuralgal, thanks for that recipe, too. It'll be next year before I can try it, but I'm sure it'll come in handy!