Homemade back stop

MrBull

Have any of you built your own back stop for shooting your bow in the yard? If so could you post some pics?

BigCats

Don't have any pic but I've seen wood frame with a little gable roof and they stacked cardboard say 3 4 ft wide X 3 4 ft tall and take all the ad and tighten it all down.

RossVegas

Don't have any pics, I took a computer shipping box, packed it full of old clothes. I tried to use as much blue jeans and thicker materials. Taped it up real good. I have card board inserts that are the same size as the box. As the box gets worn out, I'll tape another layer on it. Used it quite a bit this summer, and never had an arrow go through it.

TJay

Several years ago I found a large styrofoam billet washed up on the banks of Allatoona. It was a large square about 5 x 5 x 18". I wrap a tarp around so it doesn't look so bad in the backyard. If you could talk with a dock building company around one of the local lakes they might hook you up. Mine is pretty old and still works great. I put my block on an old milk crate in front of the billet

My dad and I made one from thick outdoor carpet and 2 4x4 posts. Set the posts fairly wide then wrap carpet. We made ours about 6 foot tall and 6 feet wide. I was shooting recurves 50, 70, and 90 meters back then so my arrows weren't exactly screaming by the time they got to the target.

BigCats

If anyone is close to lincolnton I probably have some old floats you can have I've been building Docks for 10 years just pm me your welcome to them. Also as said above I've also made a target out of old clothes and if you could find something to put them in that wouldn't wear out so fast it would be the best target I promise ya you want shoot threw it.

fishtail

When we had a public archery range hay bales lashed together were used for backstops.
After it closed I retrieved some large pieces of styrofoam out the marsh.
I lashed 4 pieces 36"x18"x8" (approximately) together and filled the holes and cracks with expanding spray foam to make a 36"x36"x16" backstop.
Repairs are done with more spray foam.

ppdaazn

if you see someone throwing out old couches. those seat cushions are awesome. i put a box of stacked cardboard behind to catch if it ever goes through.

Stonewall 2

A friend of mine had a neighbor that draped a thick blanket or comforter over a rope stretched b/t 2 trees and put his target in front of it. The loose blanket supposedly caught the arrow if he missed his target without letting it pass thru completely. Have been saying I was going to try it but haven't yet.