Homemade hunting house

CAL

Built this house out of metal conduit and covered with plywood.House has 3 windows and a rear door.Windows hinge out for shooting or ventilation.House is waterproof and almost air tight.Put house on wheels and bucked down with chains.If the location doesn't pan out,I'll move it!

stumpman

Banned
looks good cal roll it to my club my hut is an old plastic septic tank barrel unused of course with a door and shooting holes cut in it works great shot one tonight with my muzzle loader it was a 4 pt my son shot one we couldnt find so we will go back in the am and look some more .

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Man that is a fine hunting machine....can you pull it on the highway :fine:

Jim

Timbo

nice job.good work

Huntingdawg

Good looking stand

how much did it cost you to build as I would like to build a couple of stands, so my kids can hunt with me.

CAL

dawg,
I don't have any idea about the cost.I built it out of materials I had laying around.I think I bought one box of screws for $3.95.This sin't much help I know.Probably a couple hundred dollars if you had to buy it all!

georgiaboy

CAL, A buddy of mine farms in Nashville, GA and I should be in a replica of your stand this weekend. They love those stands since they can move them around when they are planting or harvesting. I asked my buddy if he had a stand on a certain field and he replied "no, but I got a trailer hitch!"

Handgunner

Nice lookin' craftsmanship, Cal!

Duff

Now thats what I call a mobile stand!

Fine looking job Alex

H

HT2

Looks Good!!!!!!!!!!

We've got some similar to that but higher......

I wish I could get some pics posted on here for ya'll to see.......

But, as we know.....

I'm not all that good with a camera..... ::huh: :whip: ::ke:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Sweet!

Cal, that looks like the ticket for hunting those fields down there in South GA.

Good luck to ya this year!

CAL

Thanks all for the kind words!As I first posted,I had to move it.The sight didn't pan out.Left the house this morning and drove behind it about 200 yds.and there he was.A really nice 8 or maybe 10 pt. So I moved the house around to where I had seen him.Drove a little farther and saw a 6pt.with a small rack.The deer were moving this A.M. in the fine misty rain. :fine: