Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
If you like dark honey, tr

Don't know if I've found any buckwheat honey

Right now I'm working on a bottle of wildflower from a fellar out of Comer

Highintheshoulder

Gallberry for me !!

joepuppy

I let a guy keep a couple of hives below my fields, and he always brings me some fresh honey. The best I've had came from watermelon pollination hives.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I am quite fond of tulip poplar honey.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
In all the years I've lived I thought Sue Bee was the best honey.

This is where I'm at. Sue Bee is probably the Bud Lite of honey, but I like Bud Lite.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Have you tried Tupelo honey from Wewahitchka Florida?

I always thought that Tupelo honey and the song were from Mississippi.

The couple of times I've driven through Tupelo Mississippi I thought about the honey and the song.

From Wiki:

Tupelos of the species Nyssa ogeche are valued as honey plants in the southeastern United States, particularly in the Gulf Coast region.[17] They produce a very light, mild-tasting honey. In Florida, beekeepers keep beehives along the river swamps on platforms or floats during tupelo bloom to produce certified tupelo honey, which commands a high price on the market because of its flavor.[17] Monofloral honey made from the nectar of Nyssa ogeche has such a high ratio of fructose to glucose that it does not crystallize.[18]
The Apalachicola River in the Florida Panhandle is the center for tupelo honey. The honey is produced wherever tupelo trees (three species) bloom in southeastern USA, but the purest and most expensive version (which is certified by pollen analysis) is produced in this valley. In a good harvest year, the tupelo honey crop produced by a group of specialized Florida beekeepers has a value approaching $1,000,000.[19]

mamatried

Love me some Tupelo, get mine from a feller located in Hosford, Fl just north of Wewa. They made a movie in the 90s called Ulees Gold featuring everyone's favorite Peter Fonda. Was filmed in Wewa and surrounding towns. Was kinda about honey but not really. Movie was boring but the honey dang sho aint.

Tom W.

Isn't Buckwheat honey racist?........
You older folks should remember.......

shotgun

I'm not that fond of tupelo or sourwood. I like cotton, blackberry and some wildflower. I tend to like darker honeys. When I lived closer, there was someone at the fair in Perry that would sell/let you taste. I'd always leave with an arm full. Allisons out of Cleveland GA and can't think of the name but there is a place on 441 south of Clayton that has a couple I like. Plus there are some local guys that have some good stuff

dwhee87 both of the places I mentioned have sourwood
Love Allison's honey

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I prefer a lite wildflower type honey.

But my friend has a saying. The worst i ever had was wonderful.

Buster

FWIW
I really like honey from kudzu---what I get is dark and smooth
I have a hive in the yard that I rob from time to time (whenever I run out I'll pull a couple of frames) and it varies from year to year but I haven't robbed any that i didn't like--I can't tell you what it is made from the bees just roam around ---I live about a mile from the Ocmulgee River (Bond Swamp) and there are crops raised nearby as well so who knows
raw unfiltered honey is my favorite

nkbigdog

As stated before I love Sour wood that is harvested up here in the Mountains..Sometimes if their is to much rain the harvest is not good..But I like to add honey in my coffee every morning..The price of Sour wood has gone crazy high...

Tom W.

I have been tempted to get some honey from Goats on the Roof, but usually end up with a big ice cream cone.......