Hornady Interbond

whithunter

Does anyone have any experience using this bullet? I am going to shoot the 150gr. interbonds in my 30-06 this year. What type of results can I expect? Exit wound, weight retention, etc. Also, these bullets look alot like the sst's but how do they differ? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Lead Poison

I don't have any personal experience with the Interbonds, but I do know that they differ from the SST's in that the Interbond's jacket is bonded to the core.

This bonding prevents the jacket and core from separating, thus providing much better bullet integrity which results in MUCH better penetration. :shoot:

I for one, want to get complete penetration. ;)

Carp

I've shot SST's and Interbond in 130 grain .270 I started using the SST first and they were awesome. Then I read that some people were having problems with the SST'S exploding. Then they came out with the Interbond and I swapped to it just in case. I never had a problem with the SST's myself. I've also had good performance out of Remington Swift Scirroco in 130 grain. Devastating!!!

I shot the sst 2 years ago and had a problem with them separating.I went back to the boat tails cuz i git great penetration and have only 1 deer run with them.

Predator56

here are some pics of bullet performance of factory loaded Hornady SST 150 gr and Interbond 150 grain 308win.
approx same size deer
approx same range
approx same shot placement
the ironic thing is the both bullets were also recovered in nearly the exact same place
interbond on left

Attachments

• SSTvsINTBsmall1.jpg
    SSTvsINTBsmall1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,156
  • SSTvsINTBsmall3.jpg
    SSTvsINTBsmall3.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 499
  • SSTvsINTBsmall4.jpg
    SSTvsINTBsmall4.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 480

whithunter

Great comparison Sako75. I shot a deer with the interbond bullet this past weekend. I hit a lot of bone. The bullet left a small entry wound as expected, but the exit wound was not any bigger than the entry wound. :mad: The deer did drop though. What type of exit wounds have you experienced? Also where do you normally shoot your deer? I usually shoot does in the neck to save meat, and I shoot bucks in the front shoulder so I shock the spine and don't have to track them. I am wondering if this is the right bullet for me. ::huh: Thanks again.

Predator56

i htink they are good bullets.
i have only shot 2 deer with them and 1 exited a dime size hole and obviously the one in the pic did not exit. I would prefer an exit everytime in case i had to track it. however, terminal performance is such that i probably dont need an exit on deer. I think i would get an exit everytime if i didnt hit close to thest and almost make the bullet pass the whole length of the deer. i would expect an exit on broadside shots