Horse Creek Hunt

hambone76

Congratulations folks. Looks like a good time was had by all.

Clipper

Horse Creek has always been a good hunt but this year it was unbelievable. I sat 5 times and saw deer 4 out of 5 times. I killed one Tuesday morning,another one Tuesday evening,and another Thursday morning. The hunts were great and the fellowship ship was the icing on the cake. Hope to see everyone next year. It was a great time. I was shooting a 44lb Border Covert hunter with 400 spine arrows and Treesharks upfront. BTW, I have been Trad hunting for about 4 years and it finally all came together. This was my first,second,and third traditional deer.

Sounds like an outstanding hunt! You did very well to kill 3 deer in 4 sightings. The deer usually win and the hunter wins every now and then.

strothershwacker

Horse Creek has always been a good hunt but this year it was unbelievable. I sat 5 times and saw deer 4 out of 5 times. I killed one Tuesday morning,another one Tuesday evening,and another Thursday morning. The hunts were great and the fellowship ship was the icing on the cake. Hope to see everyone next year. It was a great time. I was shooting a 44lb Border Covert hunter with 400 spine arrows and Treesharks upfront. BTW, I have been Trad hunting for about 4 years and it finally all came together. This was my first,second,and third traditional deer.
Way to go man! That's awsome! 3 public land trad deer on 1 hunt! That may be a record! Congrats buddy! Wish I coulda stayed thru the week.

dm/wolfskin

I had a great time. Definitely glad I made the trip. Even had a stress test while I was there. Trey is my new hero, not for the three deer taken, but for his snoring ability. View attachment 1046588
Good to meet ya'll down there. Hunting was a little tough for some of us and hot and muggy and a few sheeters to boot. Thanks for the eggs and bread and the cherry firewood. I bought it all home. Ate some of the eggs but the bread got wet so critters out back ate that. ALready burning the wood the last few days. Going right now in the woodstove, 44 outside. Could have use these cooler temperatures down there.

Latest posts