House Bill 218 Weapons Carry License Reciprocity Take Action

bighonkinjeep

I'm just going to forward this along and hope for the best. We can sit on our hands or we can let em know how we feel.

Last week, the Georgia House passed House Bill 218. The bill expands the ability of law-abiding citizens to defend themselves and their families, both within Georgia and in other states, and also ensures that Second Amendment rights remain protected during emergencies. HB 218 will now go to the Senate for further consideration. Please contact your state senator and ask them to SUPPORT HB 218. To do this, click the red "Take Action!" button below to have your voice heard!

Take Action! https://act.nraila.org/actions/campaigns/11355

As a reminder, House Bill 218 grants universal recognition to concealed carry permits held by non-Georgia residents, issued by any other state. It also directs the Georgia Attorney General to enter into formal reciprocity agreements with any state that requires a formal agreement to recognize a Georgia Weapons Carry License. This reform recognizes that Georgia residents traveling to other states, and visitors to Georgia, should not be left defenseless simply by crossing a state line.

In addition, it prohibits government officials from suspending or restricting Second Amendment rights during declared states of emergencies, such as by confiscating firearms, restricting the carrying of firearms, or discriminating against gun stores. During the COVID-19 pandemic, many anti-gun officials around the country, at both state and local levels of government, took the opportunity to unilaterally suspend Second Amendment rights by shutting down gun stores and ranges. Unfortunately, this coincided with many Americans trying to exercise their Second Amendment rights for the first time during those times of uncertainty, and resulted in them being unable to access arms, ammunition, or proper training. HB 218 protects the exercise of a constitutional right from such politically motivated attacks, and ensures that citizens have those rights when they need them most.

We thank you in advance for reaching out to your state senator and encouraging them to support HB 218!

Yours in Freedom,

Trey Ramsey
NRA-ILA Senior Grassroots Field Coordinator
Trey@nrailafrontlines.com
http://www.nrailafrontlines.com/

Nimrod71

Sounds good to me. These are troubling times and we must do all we can to be prepared for what ever happens. Guns are a big deterrent to a criminal. No one wants to get shot, not even a criminal.

Reactions: Dub

TL60

Done, but mine is Donzella James.... nuff said.

Reactions: Dub

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
So a California resident can carry in GA but a GA resident can't carry in California?

Ga honors permits from all states that honor the GA permit. Since Cali does not honor the Ga permit, their permits are not honored here.

There may be other reasons that folks from the Left coast might be allowed to carry in GA like having it in a vehicle or a home if they have a home here. A Cali resident who has a retired LEO permit would be OK.

rosewood

I like that idea. I understand the point was if other states don't recognize ours, hopefully it would encourage the citizens of that state to stand up to their representatives and get it changed. However, it was hurting the good citizens of other states that were outnumbered by the fools of their state. This will recognize all lawful gun owners in our state. This is very good for the 2nd.

Rosewood

rugerfan

Done!