How about the new Henry's?

mhayes

Yes’m i got their email yesterday and thought the same thing. I just don’t see why they aren’t making a 30-30 model. I get the pistol calibers, but why skip the dirty thirty and go to the 45-70?

GregoryB.

Don't care for the look. That suppressor really does nothing for the aesthetics I like the look of a nice wood stock and a highly blued barrel. If the weather is nasty I am not setting out in it like when I was younger.

I know that new design appeals to alot of you but it doesn't look good to me. When I think of a Lever Action rifle, no matter the brand, i think of Wood and Blue. Also I can't make myself like a Can on the end of any barrel. Lever or Bolt action.

mhayes

I agree about the looks 100%. I am a wood fan myself for all my Henry’s and Winchester levers and bolts. But the synthetic stocks have a place in my safe as well. They have a purpose also. My synthetic guns are limited to just a few that make it out in really bad weather or when I’m hunting mountains. But this look has a Mad Max kind and look for a lever that is bad to the bone!

ringorock

Come on, guys. You all are acting like Henry is replacing all of their guns with tacticool. They're not. What they are doing is bringing in a younger generation of gun curious people and bridging a gap between modern arms and good ol' cowboy guns. Nothing will ever replace a beautiful lever rifle, and this isn't it. What it is is a showing that Henry is not only able to adapt but to keep with traditions while introducing new and twisted ways of making modern guns.

Gotta love em.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
That is one ugly rifle, won’t make my wish list.

CurLee

Come on, guys. You all are acting like Henry is replacing all of their guns with tacticool. They're not. What they are doing is bringing in a younger generation of gun curious people and bridging a gap between modern arms and good ol' cowboy guns. Nothing will ever replace a beautiful lever rifle, and this isn't it. What it is is a showing that Henry is not only able to adapt but to keep with traditions while introducing new and twisted ways of making modern guns.

Gotta love em.

Thats a long winded way of saying "capitalizing on a trend."

Swamprat

Swamprat
Not even the least amount of interest in that....would rather walk into a lions cage wearing pork chop underwear than show up at deer camp with that.

Anvil Head

"Cans" and Lever guns - just not working for me or my horse.

ringorock

"Cans" and Lever guns - just not working for me or my horse.

That's why you get a dark series horse, of course.

REmxVv2.jpg

Lilly001

I like that they have expanded the side loader line.
Now they need to offer the case hardened 45-70 with the longer barrel in it.
I will throw my money at that.
The tube loader/unloaded and a side loader gate would give me the best of both worlds.

Reactions: Dub

Lilly001

I also like that they are offering the side loader in .357 and 44 mag.
Ive been looking hard at the Marlin in 44 mag (my wife has one in .357) but I don’t like unloading through the action. Now I have an option.

Reactions: Dub

ChidJ

I can dig it. Decent option for those who want a "black rifle" but live in ban states and don't want a AR. Now if only Henry'd start chambering them in 460 magnum. Also, alot of people hating on the suppressor but its not like you have to have it. Nice to have the option IMO

Edit: didn't know that was a bad word here. Apologies