How big is this hog?

rosewood

Well that doe is probably 100-110# I'd guess...so that hog is going 250-300#
I agree with this assessment. Comparing to that deer, that is one fat hog.

Only way to know for sure is to put it on the scale. You are gonna need help loading it though.

Rosewood

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Based on height and length compared to that grown doe I agree with some others that you have a 350 lb hog.

killerv

he eats well

we've got one on my place that will make your hair stand up. Buddy thought someone dumped a black couch and went to check it out. Nope, big ole boar. We've come up on him twice, but only had shotguns with us.

rosewood

he eats well

we've got one on my place that will make your hair stand up. Buddy thought someone dumped a black couch and went to check it out. Nope, big ole boar. We've come up on him twice, but only had shotguns with us.
I don't go in the woods without my 10mm on my side.

davel

One thing we have learned is they always look bigger on camera and always look like they weigh more than they do. She looks fat and pregnant but no way to tell how much she weighs without a reference for size.

Doug B.

A hog is hard to judge. I don't think it will make 300 lbs. A 250 pound hog is big. My guess is 275. I would like to know for sure if you can get her killed and weighed.

Athos

One thing we have learned is they always look bigger on camera and always look like they weigh more than they do. She looks fat and pregnant but no way to tell how much she weighs without a reference for size.

About the only thing that looks bigger on camera. They also look bigger when you about hit them with the truck.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen the opposite. When you have a scale at the skinning shed and ask everybody to guess weights, seems like everybody almost always thinks the deer weighs more than it really does, and thinks the hog weighs less than it really does.

280 Man

Banned
A hog is hard to judge. I don't think it will make 300 lbs. A 250 pound hog is big. My guess is 275. I would like to know for sure if you can get her killed and weighed.

Im not going 275 but for the rest Im with you on this. Killed one that weighed 212 ibs several years back. It was a big ol boar.

Doug B.

Im not going 275 but for the rest Im with you on this. Killed one that weighed 212 ibs several years back. It was a big ol boar.
I agree! I guess I was being a little liberal for once?. I killed one a few years ago that went 210. I thought he was 300. I did kill two that was 300 lbs and they were really huge. I couldn't hardly move them.

Wifeshusband

I worked on a hog farm for 6 months while I was in college. People generally overestimate the weight of a hog. I'm sticking with my previous estimate of 275. Put a rifleman at the feeder and let us know who wins 1st prize.

sghoghunter

That hog will definitely go 300. She also looks like a guilt too. One of these three red pigs was shot last Friday afternoon and they sure don’t look like they’d weigh what the scales show

Attachments

• F37F7DF0-7AB8-4839-A321-36C7C704F11F.jpeg
    F37F7DF0-7AB8-4839-A321-36C7C704F11F.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 04AE5D6B-2A50-43D5-B76D-8A4EC9E157DF.jpeg
    04AE5D6B-2A50-43D5-B76D-8A4EC9E157DF.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 22
  • AB9E0F56-BC1B-4A18-9A83-9B64EEF2B1F5.png
    AB9E0F56-BC1B-4A18-9A83-9B64EEF2B1F5.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 22