How bout that .35 Remington?

Silver Mallard

the tc contender's are fun with the .35!!!!! I use the lever revolution stuff.

bobbyboy

have some 200 grain remingtons ,

at one time , cannot remembner 150, grain or maybe the 200 grain, avtually came in a silver tip.

Ray357

AWOL
A few years back I did some gun trading with a coworker. A few months later and another back and forth trade, I ended up with his Marlin 336 in .35 Remington (traded a Ruger LCP .380 for it... yes, I know, I basically stole it). I went to the stand with it this evening with my 3 year old son. We walked up on a deer in the feed patch between us and the stand at 5:00 and decided to go ahead shoot it since it was the first time my 3 year old and I have hunted together. My boy wasn't quite sure what was happening but he was sure happy to be there!

Anyhow, does anyone else on here hunt with a .35 Remington regularly? I know there's only a handful of production ammo options for it, if you can even find it these days. I can't find any ballistics charts online but from what I can tell, I should be good out to 150 yards or so with a 75 yard zero.
I occasionally drag out the 35. As for Max point blank range, you are just going to have to shoot it and see. In an average barrel, with 1.5 " scope height, 200 leverrevolution will be about 6 inches low at 200 with 100 yd zero. Why 75 yard zero?

one_shot_no_mor

Alright...ya'll started with the pictures...
My go-to for deer hunting for the past 40+ years has been my Marlin .35 Remington. She's only good to about 150 yards, but that's plenty. She's filled the freezer time and time again. I went to synthetic stock probably 20 years ago and a good friend...used to go by Snakeman on here...made me a custom Eastern Diamondback sling for my birthday about that same time. I will NEVER part with mine...
IMG_7853.JPGIMG_7855.JPG

simpleman30

I occasionally drag out the 35. As for Max point blank range, you are just going to have to shoot it and see. In an average barrel, with 1.5 " scope height, 200 leverrevolution will be about 6 inches low at 200 with 100 yd zero. Why 75 yard zero?

Good question. Not sure why I chose that, other than I figured it as a brush gun and 75 yards would be my max distance for the woods I typically hunt. Maybe figured as a good compromise between my comfort with iron sights at 50 yards and my traditional max distance of 100 yards.

Ray357

AWOL
Good question. Not sure why I chose that, other than I figured it as a brush gun and 75 yards would be my max distance for the woods I typically hunt. Maybe figured as a good compromise between my comfort with iron sights at 50 yards and my traditional max distance of 100 yards.
100 yard zero will not put you shooting too high at any point in the trajectory path and if by chance you are looking to shoot to 200 it's a better starting point.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Never liked that cartridge. Big and heavy and drops like a stone. The 30-30 is a better choice IMHO.

snooker1

Walking out today carrying my Marlin 336 35cal today, but it was the wrong gun for the task. I was walking out today and I always glass the hillside on the opposite side of the lake, well today was a nice 9 point problem was it was a 235-240 yard shot. A little outside the range of my trusty 35.

Attachments

• Long Shot .jpg
    Long Shot .jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 19

ucfireman

I shoot .35rem in 150gr core locks. Hard to find, 200gr easier. I like the gun. My first rifle and will be with me till I die.
As for distance, I cant make out a deer (shooter or not) at long ranges and cant hold steady so its fine for me.
As said its hits pretty hard.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
what if you compare the 150gr .35 to the 150gr .30-30?

NCMTNHunter

what if you compare the 150gr .35 to the 150gr .30-30?

The reason I picked the 200 and 150 is because they have similar sectional densities which largely determines penetration if all else is equal. I feel like that’s a pretty fair way to compare rounds of different calibers.

simpleman30

So here's the big question... Where can one find ammo for a .35 Remington these days? It's become nonexistent online and it was such an unpopular caliber that few LGS's had much if any anyways.

Mauser

Collector rifle has some for 1.90 a round,but the shipping is high. I ordered two boxes last week from Roger's sporting goods for 35 a box,9 dolla shipping,and two boxes from my local hardware store for 30 a box. All of it was hornady leverevolution 200gr.

one_shot_no_mor

So here's the big question... Where can one find ammo for a .35 Remington these days? It's become nonexistent online and it was such an unpopular caliber that few LGS's had much if any anyways.
Local Armory...just picked up some last week CoreLokt 150 grain...just a small, rural, store with MULTIPLE brands and loads. They do a GREAT job!

bobbyboy

was not that unpopular of a cal, there for a time true, u could not find it locally, before Chi-com set in Bass pro actually had some in.