How busy are the lakes?

greg_n_clayton

That stuff is what got the boat ramps all shut down in SC.
Some of the folks on the book of faces over there are saying Corp ramps are open. You heard anything about down our way to that effect ?

NGA44

That stuff is what got the boat ramps all shut down in SC.
I guarantee the same thing will happen here. These ramps/lake infrastructure can’t handle the number of people they’re about to see. With as many people as will be on the water, boating accidents will occur, and then the lakes will get shut down. I would love to go fish, but will be staying at home.

Snichols1

I put in at War Hill Monday and Wednesday. Both days the lot was pretty empty, especially Wednesday. Only two vehicles other than mine when I left around 2:00. Biggest issue was 2 jet skis around noon.

cwbarner

I hit Lanier today and it was more crowded than I've ever seen it, but I never go at peak times like holidays or during the day in the summer. Lots of pleasure boats cruising and knocking up wakes. Most coves had boats anchored in them. Tons of jet skis, party boats filled with people blasting music. I spoke with an officer in the parking lot at Duckett Mill who said they are going to start patrolling boat ramps to keep people away. He told me that boat ramps and state parks will be closed even though I've heard different from DNR and on the news. He might have just been trying to discourage people from getting on the lake, though. He also said there will be helicopters flying over lakes to monitor the size of groups.

littlejon

I hit Lanier today and it was more crowded than I've ever seen it, but I never go at peak times like holidays or during the day in the summer. Lots of pleasure boats cruising and knocking up wakes. Most coves had boats anchored in them. Tons of jet skis, party boats filled with people blasting music. I spoke with an officer in the parking lot at Duckett Mill who said they are going to start patrolling boat ramps to keep people away. He told me that boat ramps and state parks will be closed even though I've heard different from DNR and on the news. He might have just been trying to discourage people from getting on the lake, though. He also said there will be helicopters flying over lakes to monitor the size of groups.
Before they start posting DNR officials or officers at the ramps and flying helo"s over the lake you will see it closed. Not enough resources.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Post pics or ban

deermaster13

We put in on broad river yesterday and the campground was packed. Quite a few boats out and ramp parking lot full.

Latest posts