How crazy is this?

nc dawg

This is the craziest thing I've ever seen! This is the Hwy 25 bridge over Spartanburg Hwy 176.. (Henderson county N.C.). These 6 deer freaked out, panicking they ran out on the bridge and literally jumped off into oncoming traffic. How sad. Two of these would have been nice bucks next year. ?

Attachments

• 60F91368-661B-4DF1-B24E-D40A8FA97910.jpeg
    60F91368-661B-4DF1-B24E-D40A8FA97910.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 348

nc dawg

Speed limit from where they jumped is 65, so I guess they walked out on bridge and a vehicle come up on em pretty fast and spooked over em the side

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, that's crazy! What a shame. Is that the Zirconia exit? I'm usually going through there about once a month.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Can you imagine driving down the road and six deer come falling from the heavens in front of you? :hair:

Hillbilly stalker

You know that’s what I tried to tell the rabbit sheriff when he pulled me over and started counting heads! He wouldn’t buy it. :cry:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I guess they didn't see the sign abut not jumping off the bridge.

RootConservative

My FIL is a train engineer for CSX railroad and has driven trains all over the country. He told me people would be shocked how often trains hit deer. They will honk at them but not much they can do. He said in farm country in the midwest he has hit some absolute studs but stopping a train going 55 mph that is 1.5 miles long isn't practical. In the south train easements are big. However in the midwest easements might only be 5' and farmers will plant corn 5' from the track and the deer will just step out into oncoming train.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Still waiting on Cobb County to call me when they get one...I’ll take one or two.
and yea, thats CRAZY!!

oldguy

Saw a black bear jump off a bridge over the Big Hole River one night in Montana.
Bridge was high, water was very shallow with lots of rocks. Went back next day for a look see. No bear to be found. Had to be a rough landing though.