How do you all do it?

I've been noticing for awhile now, that a lot of members here live in the suburbs. How can you call yourselves outdoorsmen when you live like sardines in a can.:D::ke: Man I love living in the country where the only way you see your neighbors is ride by their houses. ;) Had 14 deer in my yard yesterday afternoon. Man you gotta love it.:clap:

QuakerBoy

Kansashunter said:
Man I love living in the country where the only way you see your neighbors is ride by their houses. ;)

I hear your neighbors kinda like it too :shoot: :bounce:

I get deer on my lil postage stamp of property every night and in the woods behind me....it ain't all bad :cheers:

Randy

I could not live there either. I like being able to pee off my back poarch. :hair:

dutchman

I'd probably live out in Wrens too if my job wasn't in Norcross...

GeauxLSU

Is that an invitation?

I live in the suburbs and the biggest buck I've ever seen in the 'wild' was in my backyard a few weeks back. Got plenty of deer, can fish in my backyard, seen almost every critter native to Georgia in my backyard. 3 miles from work, 5 minutes to a hospital, less than 10 minutes from anything you could possibly need, literally. Great neighbors (though one is moving.. :cry: ) So you can find an oasis in the burbs if you look.
Having said that, if I could live on about 100 acres with a big pecan orchard for my front yard and a nice fishing pond for my backyard, I'd be that much happier.
Are you inviting all us suburbanites to move out to the country?
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Snakeman

GeauxLSU said:
Are you inviting all us suburbanites to move out to the country?
No, it's not!! It's a trick! It's really terrible out here in the country! If you live in the suburbs, STAY THERE! You'd be miserable out here!
:D :D :D

The Snakeman

MCG DAWG

Banned
Trying to buy me some country . .

. . up here in NW GA but with developers buying everything at 10K or so an acre it's quite hard. I've got 5 acres as do my two neighbors. We back up to several hundred acres of of undeveloped land and there's an 800 acre hunt club across the street so it ain't too bad. However, I don't have permission to roam either of those properties so it isn't as much fun!

Found 50 acres I could afford but I couldn't build the house I wanted on it due to spending so much on the land. Told the wife we'd build a barn with an 800sq/ft loft apartment up top to live in till we saved enough to build our dream home. That went over like a lead balloon!

lthomas, when have you been to my shack.::ke: :D

Snakeman is right. the country sux. It's all noisy. You can't even hear yourself think in the summer with all those bugs. All our homes are run down with the roofs leaking. We would like to move to the city, but they won't let us carry all our pigs and chickens and 20 dogs with us. We have to put up with all you urbanites during deer season.:D :p Yep living in the country sure does suck. My job only pays me $4.50 an hour making cornlicker. The reason we are better outdoorsmen is because if we don't hunt everyday we don't eat. ;) When you hunt everyday you begin to move throught the woods quiet and smell like the animals you hunt. ::ke: I was able to get two ground hogs for supper last night. Also we don't have bathrooms only outhouses. Sure is nice peeing off the porch too. But after several days it begins to smell.:D

shhh. Snakeman what was I thinking? I must of lost my mind.

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
KH, I had 11 deer run behind the house last week....have a 7 acre pond behind the house and can shoot my bow anytime I want....did I mention I live in the midst of it all....surburbia that is:D Gotta make a living.

Jim

hawg dawg

I tried to move to the city but they said no junk trucks in front of house plus told me when to cut my grass :huh:

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
I'll tell y'all what keeps me out of the freakin city is the traffic. I work all over Atlanta every day and I wonder how folks in Dunwoody or Alpharetta can stand to sit in traffic for 15-30 minutes trying to drive only a couple of miles??????

I would go absolutely insane. I've seen Rockdale C. go from country to an urban enviroment. Now I'm right on the edge of Newton, Jasper, and Morgan county's. It's so nice, but I know the city will creep it's way back into my life in 10yrs or so. I'll just keep on moving away from it I guess.

I love the country.

Tommy

bilgerat

Senior
who says I cant pee off my back porch in the burbs, You get to know your neighbors better that way!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :rofl: :rofl:

dbodkin

It was country when I moved in 15 years ago.... :mad:
Forsyth County is one of the fastest growing counties in the nation...

The 1st night in our home I could hear cars hitting the rumble strips on GA 141. 3 miles away... Cant say that anymore... Cant move either need to be within 5 miles of the hospital.... :cry:

H

HT2

K-Man........

Not all of 'us' are as fortunate as "YOU"!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't think any less of us..........

We are just "wee" little peasants tryin' to survive in this big 'ol world......

Please Sire.........

Bless me with some more of your wisdom and intellectual knowledge....... :eek: :crazy: :eek: :crazy:

Tom Borck

Banned
Ahhhhhhh, the country life!! Yes sir, it would take a lot of greenbacks to get me back in the "Big City"! 10 miles from Statesboro and 10 miles from Sylvania. Just about in the middle of nowhere!! Thank God!

I don't know how you guys drive in that traffic and keep you sanity! I think I would rather shave my tongue with a rusty razor than drive in that traffic!

Jim

The deer don't run through my yard, they live there.:D

Last night we(wife, 3 daughters and a couple their friends) sat out by the fire ring, and cooked hotdogs and marsh mellows(all us poor country folk can afford);) The only sound heard was the crackling of the fire. We finally had to turn on a radio so we could relax. We live in a world where there is always noise. When you find quiet, it's not normal. Oh except when you live in the country.:D The deer kept coming out in the deer garden right beside us. They didn't like us out there much. They would eat a while then the children would chase them back into the woods. Man raising your kids in the country is tough. All those wild critters around.:D At night around our house, the only lights in sight is my Dad's which you can see through the woods 1/4 mile away and my cross the road neighbor's yard light. We don't have a security light. Don't want one either. When we turn off the lights it's dark.:banana: When we moved here 12 years ago, we didn't know it was so dark at night. I had always lived in town. Man we love it.!:D

Tim I don't think anyless of you suburbanites. I'm just picikng a little. ::ke: But as some has said even 7 miles out of the nearest town we are being pushed by town folks moving to the country. When we first moved here you would hear maybe one car an evening. Some nights it get sort a busy on our quiet country road. Oh did I tell you it's paved also.:D

Traffic: Well I live 14 miles from work. It takes me sometimes 17 minutes to get there. That is if I stop by the post office and slow down for the red light.:D Man I use to live 7 miles from work and when we moved I thought I would never get used to the long commute.::ke:

Think of it this way! Not that I want any of you moving here. The cost of living is a lot higher in the Atlanta surban areas. Everything is higher. my home is worth about $130,000+ if I lived in a decent suburban area it would easily be worth $250,000 to $300,000. I did the math when I was in my 20's. I can make less money and live better than most that make $100,000+ in the Atlanta area. I'm 30 minutes from Augusta, 90 minutes from Columbia SC, 120 minutes from Macon and Savannah, 150 minute from downtown Atlanta. And best of all I don't have to follow 1 million people to work every day. :banana:

Last edited:

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Tom,

I love it down there. Those were the best years of my life going to Southern and living around Statesboro. Sounds like you live off of 301. It's beautiful down there.

Maybe I should come down there and start my own security business in Statesboro. From what I remember, I didn't see to many company's doing work in the area.

It's great down there.

Tommy

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Randy said:
I could not live there either. I like being able to pee off my back poarch. :hair:

Or Front Porch....or Side Porch,Driveway , beside shop , front yard, back yard,....oh yeah...out basement door !!

7 Deer in my plot behind the house last night !!

Thats what I'm talkin bout !!!! :cool: :cool: :banana:

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
bilgerat said:
who says I cant pee off my back porch in the burbs, You get to know your neighbors better that way!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :rofl: :rofl:

:hair: :hair: :hair:

:rofl: :rofl: