How do you guys dry out your boat?

Burton

If I can, I will pull it out of the garage and let it sit in the sun.....but that isn't always possible due to work or weather.

I read online about fans and dehumidifiers, but I was hoping some of you had a proven technique or item.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I keep a clamp light with the 100 watt bulb in the bilge of my bay boat plus 1 in the hatch where my pumps are. Mainly to guard against freezing. But a small fan may help circulate the air and keep it dry and the humidity down also.

Burton

I should probably clarify...

Whole boat is wet after fishing in the snow on Saturday. Carpets are soaked.

3 weeks ago I fished in a cold rain, and it took about 2 weeks to dry out just sitting in the garage. I open the compartments and put in the sun if I can.....but looking for a way to help dry the carpet and containers all in one.

RamblinWreck

Shop vac most of the water out of the carpet? Should dry faster.

brunofishing

I jack up the front high as it will go... open all the compartments, set the fan in and move it around from time to time. Dry's within two days or so.

prbailey

I got me a old furnace blower wheel that I mounted on my floor joist. Just plug it end and let it blow air through out the basement.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
For discussion sake:
I'm a saltwater fisherman. My boat has a flow through deck, scuppers to keep water from backing in, no carpet.
If I take 5' wave over the bow, it flows out the back in seconds.
Other than sound deadening, what is the advantage of a full carpeted deck?

WayneB

For discussion sake:
I'm a saltwater fisherman. My boat has a flow through deck, scuppers to keep water from backing in, no carpet.
these freshwater guys think glitter boats are cooler than all white boats. ;)

Burton

For discussion sake:

I just had a spray in deck on my last boat and I hated it. I'm sure there are better decks, but mine was impossible to clean if you didn't clean it immediately. It was hot and rough on your skin. I'm glad to be back to carpet other than drying it out.