How Do You Solve Our Ballooning National Debt Problem?

Aight, I am home so let me respond since I am not a sleeper-

A few questions from you experts and then I will answer your questions (just 5).

1. What is the average margin on return (ROI) from hospital revenue annually and who initiated this change? The answer will really surprise you.
2. What do you believe the average annual pay is for a physician? Specialized V non specialized? Don't use Google, it will kill your argument, FYI.
3. What makes more money, a parking deck or a cancer center or surgery center and why? Really, really tricky one, answer carefully.
4. What revenue will 5mm Vs. 2mm make a difference at? This one is directly attributed to Bomacare and a good one IMO.
5. Why do you go after big pharm? I am a numbers guy, so go?

Ill Answer my question above and then yours but some will be repeat answers.

1. What is the average margin on return (ROI) from hospital revenue annually and who initiated this change? The answer will really surprise you.
Hospitals on average rake in at <2% Revenue. When you get outside of large cities, that number decreases fast and many times go negative. So, Hospitals are barely operating and in more times than not, near 0%.

2. What do you believe the average annual pay is for a physician? Specialized V non specialized? Don't use Google, it will kill your argument, FYI.
Physicians made bank back in the day because they were mostly part of physicians groups that contracted themselves out to hospitals. With the rise in operating cost (insurance, licenses, etc) this ended in the early 2000's and many physicians became hospital employees for a 3rd of what they once made. This is why you have many former big time ATL Docs now at rural GA hospitals. The cost of living is a lot cheaper, no fee's, ins., etc.

3. What makes more money, a parking deck or a cancer center or surgery center and why? Really, really tricky one, answer carefully.
The days of physicians and clinicians ruling the roost are long over. Hospitals, clinics and departments are now ran by the CEO. What makes more money, a new CT or a new parking deck? The parking deck wins every day.

4. What revenue will 5mm Vs. 2mm make a difference at? This one is directly attributed to Bomacare and a good one IMO.
Hospitals need to do more with less, ie, treat with less visits and more accurately. This is driving more precise treatment and 'Fixing' problems rather than treating outside true fixes. Money is the problem.

5. Why do you go after big pharm? I am a numbers guy, so go?
Big Pharm is a result of malpractice. Dr's couldn't treat the root cause for many years for fear of lawsuits. Jess treat them with pills, 'atel get 'em! Now days, 10% of our youth is hooked in Heroin.

I'm not going after the healthcare industry. I was cured by the Biotech industry and my livelihood depends on the healthcare industry. My initial point was that if you don't think the Aetna, and UNH's of the world were not involved with framing Obamacare, then your wrong. My point was that politicians have little power these days. So why waste our time debating politicians. I prefer to follow the money (equity markets, futures markets) because that what will impact us the most. By the way I see a monthly RVU check, so yes, I'm familiar with Question 2 and 3. Sure most people have no clue what an RVU is, but I know you will. And no don't have a problem with Big Pharma. Sure big pharma/biotech charge crazy prices for drugs, but I understand what it takes to bring a drug to market.
We ALL have done this to ourselves. The Dr's and Big Pharma adjusted to the economic times. On once flourished, the other is now King. We did this.

Thread starter #103
We ALL have done this to ourselves. The Dr's and Big Pharma adjusted to the economic times. On once flourished, the other is now King. We did this.
Erryone of us with employer sponsored health insurance is responsible. When it's somebody else's money it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

MudDucker

Staff member
The debt could be paid off with one simple tactic. Open all federal lands to oil production and get fair market compensation for the government for the leases.

Reports are that the value of oil reserves on federal land exceeds the federal debt at this point.

Thread starter #106
The surest, quickest way to become as livestock is to loose control of your healthcare.
Mooo
That's why I'm still working. I have private health insurance. I don't have to ask some GS-5 for permission to see a doctor.

Here is my question. However the massive debt situation plays out does anyone see a scenario in which the value of the dollar isn’t destroyed? I don’t.