How early will you place a stand?

When to hang a stand?

• Well before the season so they get used to it

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • At the last possible moment so as not to tip him off

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters

billy336

Mac and I are on the same schedule. All stands will be in place by mid July except for ground blinds. But I move them around quite a bit. Looks like we are about 17 weeks out from throwing some lead :yeah: :yeah:

Jeff Phillips

Most of the time I move my stands daily. I put out a couple of ladders early in August. But I constantly move my climbers.

RPD#99

I have one ladder stand and one portable. I will put my portable stand in about one week before bow season opens and when it opens, I will go from there! If I need to move it, I will. There are 4 excellent choices to put it on that 100 acres for rifle season, bow season is a little trickier.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Hunt with a portable most the time so I am always moving my stand to follow the sign and put up at start of archery season at the last minute. Alot of times I will pack my climber in with me and hang it and hunt right then too. I also like to hunt different areas, don't like the idea of staying in one tree more than a few hunts. But our club has numerous permanent stands that are successful. I'm try to find the permanent stands that haven't been hunted much during the season.

Jorge

Some of my stands are already out. Some I hang during turkey season (but did not manage to do that this year). I will start scouting, hanging and trimming again in the next week or so and be done by early August and will not go back into any of my stand areas until the season starts.

Jorge

duke13

I have 6 ladder stands and a portable(somewhat) shooting house already set. Most are in the same locations as last year but 2 i moved in February. I still hunt mostly out of a portable though. :cheers:

Larry Rooks

In GA I hang mine in July and let em get sued to it. When I go to Ohio, I hang it the evenening before I start hunting, get there late Friday afternoon, about 3:00 and hang for Saturday morning