How I do a fattie

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I've died and gone to heaven!! OMG .... tomorrow for sure, my first fattie coming up!

Take pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

I'm gonna try a couple this weekend and gonna smoke them at 225. For preparation purposes, how long will it take for it to be done. I am guessing 2-3 hours. Am I close?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I'm gonna try a couple this weekend and gonna smoke them at 225. For preparation purposes, how long will it take for it to be done. I am guessing 2-3 hours. Am I close?

Mine, using 1 pound sausage package, usually takes 2 hours at 225-250.

lol, my wife walked by and saw the post title and thought it was about a guy "chubby chasing", I told her there were pic's, but she walked off ;)

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Maybe I should edit the title!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Termite

I was reading a post on the crown rounds and the poster said he had to bring a Fattie to go with the crown rounds....Well i thought he rolled him one up to get his appitite going? Now I have seen this post I will be smoking a fattie this weekend.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I was reading a post on the crown rounds and the poster said he had to bring a Fattie to go with the crown rounds....Well i thought he rolled him one up to get his appitite going? Now I have seen this post I will be smoking a fattie this weekend.

:cool:

Be sure to post pics!

Jeff Phillips

I made one with sweet italian sausage, onion, and goat cheese. Make your tounge slap your brains out:biggrin2:

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
A buddy of mine saw your recipe here awhile back and fixed one, while it was excellent, I thought I was having some kind of seizure after eating all that fat !!!

chevyman2000

how do you eat them? Just slice like a meat loaf or put it on a bun? Serve cold on bread with Mustard? I'm confused.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
how do you eat them? Just slice like a meat loaf or put it on a bun? Serve cold on bread with Mustard? I'm confused.

Slice like you would summer sausage and eat with crackers. Snack food!

carver

Looks like a great Snack while wathing a game.Thanks for posting it again David.

Old Texan

Had to try the Fatties.....I added a fresh Jalepeno in the middle. Gives it a little zing.....Great eatin', thanks for the recipe.:cool:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I do the diagonal weave now so I am updating this thread with this pic. Folks keep wanting to see how I do that. It is actually easier to wrap the fattie on the diagonal than it is square.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    201.9 KB · Views: 5,947

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
I do the diagonal weave now so I am updating this thread with this pic. Folks keep wanting to see how I do that. It is actually easier to wrap the fattie on the diagonal than it is square.

I am trying a couple today. Just got the turkey off the smoker and am gonna try a couple of fatties next. When you do the diagonal weave, that is just the way you roll it, correct? I still weave the bacon like in post one?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I am trying a couple today. Just got the turkey off the smoker and am gonna try a couple of fatties next. When you do the diagonal weave, that is just the way you roll it, correct? I still weave the bacon like in post one?

Just change how you lay the meat on the weave to corner to corner,diagonal. See post #36