How I see the Church has evolved.

Artfuldodger

When I was growing up in the 60's it seems like more Churches and Christians followed the Law or at least the 10 Commandments. We didn't do worldly things on Sunday. We believed more in a resurrection of the good and bad. That the Goats would be separated from the Sheep according to their deeds.

It seems though with each passing generation 70's, 80's, 90's, that we progressed more to an Easy Believism way of looking at things. I'm not saying this is good or bad, just the way it is. We moved away from even keeping the 10 commandments, the tithing requirement, the witnessing requirement, etc.
We even changed the meaning of certain things like what it means to witness, no longer going door to door.
The resurrection changed from the resurrection of the good and bad to the resurrection of the saved and unsaved.

Artfuldodger

Maybe as people lived a couple of generations and never being able to quit sinning, they felt really guilty about it so the justification was to say that the older generations got it all wrong. That it really is easier than what they once believed.
Maybe they just accepted the fact that they were human and could not stop sinning so they saw grace in a different light. The evolution was away from legalism and slowly towards grace. They no longer saw a separation of the goats and sheep by deeds but a resurrection of the saved and unsaved by grace.
Just think how that must have felt to finally be able to remove that yoke of burden.

BANDERSNATCH

There is a yoke and burden in following Jesus, but it’s easy, and always has been.

I believe we are in the last days, and the “love of many” will grow cold.