How is the pandemic gonna impact deer leases?

Arrow3

It might be tough on some this season to keep hunting leases due to the uncertainty of the economy. Public land may be in more demand.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Someone already has a thread about this a few weeks ago . It seemed that most have made the club/lease a priority.

IIICrkRepr

I seen about 10 GA leases and 7 FL leases snatched up in 5 minutes last night when Rayonier's website released them @ midnight.

sghoghunter

In my opinion the people that’s in the same club every yr already has their money situation in place and it shouldn’t slow them down one bit but the ones who flop from one club to the next may be a different story.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
My check goes out Monday for mine.

Arrow3

Someone already has a thread about this a few weeks ago . It seemed that most have made the club/lease a priority.
Shows how much I pay attention here these days ?

Gbr5pb

Well they didn’t sell the 96 acres tract I’ve been hunting for 28 years like they said they might! Used that $1200 of our kids money to pay the years lease

toolmkr20

Ain’t gonna affect my season at all. Actually I picked up another 800+ ac lease. Both leases paid for and ready to go.

Condor

After the 2008 Economic meltdown, which occurred in October of the year, I was told by someone in the leasing business that in 2009 30-40% of the hunting leases in Georgia either changed hands or were not hunted. I would say this season is going to be marginally affected, but 2021, 2022 will be impacted more heavily as the weight of the economic slowdown is felt. Read a story in the Economist magazine recently that claimed that the unemployment rate will be near or above 10% for 2 years or so. The top of the 08-09 economic disaster was about 10.5% at its peak. In other words this economic disaster will be significantly worse than 08-09. Getting back to leases, start looking next year if you have the money.

Jim Boyd

After the 2008 Economic meltdown, which occurred in October of the year, I was told by someone in the leasing business that in 2009 30-40% of the hunting leases in Georgia either changed hands or were not hunted. I would say this season is going to be marginally affected, but 2021, 2022 will be impacted more heavily as the weight of the economic slowdown is felt. Read a story in the Economist magazine recently that claimed that the unemployment rate will be near or above 10% for 2 years or so. The top of the 08-09 economic disaster was about 10.5% at its peak. In other words this economic disaster will be significantly worse than 08-09. Getting back to leases, start looking next year if you have the money.

Most excellently stated and based on data and good insight.