How many arrows?

devolve

Do you shoot per day? Does it change when season gets closer?
What is your practice regiment look like?

Allen Oliver

Do you shoot per day? Does it change when season gets closer?
What is your practice regiment look like?
Been slacking on practice here lately. Normally I try to shoot at least 5 arrows a day. When season gets in I will shoot even more. I tend to get home from work to late to shoot outside so I will shoot inside the house. Got to do what we got to do.

devolve

I shoot 4-8. I had a bad shoulder injury a while back. It’s all can handle. I shoot 1 and go pull that arrow and shoot it again over and over.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I shoot on average about twelve a day. I’m retired and shoot those spread out throughout the day.

Stump Shooter

I shoot maybe 2 to 3 times a week. The number of shots depends on how my shoulder feels. Battled the shoulder thing for a good 3 years (I am against letting someone cut on me) Got better when I started doing specific exercises for the rotator cuff. I had developed a serious case of target panic and shoot form and release each session everything is instinctive for me, always comes down to shot execution. I dont want to go back to that place again, flubbing shots, not reaching full draw, shooting on the fly, not good for moral. Also shoot sub 45lb bows now.

Allen Oliver

I shoot 4-8. I had a bad shoulder injury a while back. It’s all can handle. I shoot 1 and go pull that arrow and shoot it again over and over.
Shoulder injury also. I always practice with one arrow. I don't worry about shooting a group of arrows.

devolve

I’m jealous of some of you. I use to shoot 50-100 a day pretty much every day of the year. Those days are long gone now. I had to change careers because of hand, elbow and shoulders that are in bad shape. And I’m only 42.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
When I was hunting like a mad man I shot anywhere from 50-100 a day. Now days since I dont have a bow or arrows it's 0. Between internet feuding and work I just kinda lost the fun aspect of shooting.

JB in GA

I don’t really count, but my office is close to home, so I run home at lunch and shoot 10 or 15 and then more in the evening. I will say that I like to make sure that I finish on a good one rather than getting so tired that I groove a bad shot.

beaulesye10

I shoot one arrow at a time, and I vary the distance by day. I try to shoot 4 times a week the three months leading up to deer season. During season, I shoot any day I don't hunt, and fire one blunt from the tree on days I do hunt. I find I get more during season shooting two or three arrows on days I don't hunt as we normally only get one shot when a critter walks in.

hambone76

I make sure that my first shot taken is from a different range/position/angle than the day before. I’ll shoot a few arrows from that spot, typically shooting the same arrow and pulling it after each shot.
After that, I’ll shoot anywhere between 50 to 100 arrows, from 10 yards out to 30; sometimes a single arrow and some are groups of 3. It’s largely dependent on how I feel and how well I’m shooting. The majority of my shooting is done from 10, 15, 18 and 20, beyond that range is where my accuracy starts to suffer.
If I’m feeling and shooting well, I might exceed 100 arrows between practicing with my hunting rig and also with my bow used for form work.
For form work, I like to blank-bale with a lower poundage bow. I’ll focus on my grip, drawing, anchor and release, no emphasis put on where the arrow ends up in the target. I typically turn my Block targets around to the side where there’s no dots so I’m not focusing on shot location.
I live in a subdivision, so my practice area is limited to a small space. I cannot shoot much beyond 30 yards and I typically shoot each day that I’m off shift unless the weather is less than ideal. We cannot shoot bows at work, so that day is designated to resting.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Fall is quickly approaching Dennis. We need to have a hunt or two together.

Esau

30-50 depending on time. I like to shoot.