How many Georgia towns and counties are fixing to be renamed?

Thread starter #1
I live in Oconee County. So named for the Oconee River. The Oconee River is named after Native Americans. We may be safe from renaming.

Y'all that live in towns and counties named for anything to do with slaves or the Confederacy, brace for renaming. I'm talking to you, Washington County, Lee County, Jeff Davis County, ect.

It's a PC world. You white boys are just living in it.

bullgator

If that’s what they decide to do......consider it done. Nobody will stand up to stop hem!

JWF III

(Button) Gwinnett, (George) Walton, and (Lyman) Hall, to name a few.

Add to that Monticello. Can’t be named after a slave owner’s home either.

Wyman

JWF III

Per Wikipedia, it looks like most central GA counties will be up for a new name. Newton, Jasper, Putnam, Morgan, and Greene are all named for Revolutionary War heroes.

Anything pre 2000 and white is liable to be on the chopping block.

Wyman

We got a sub-division here named Nathan Bedford Forrest . Some people who evidently didn't study history bough and built in it . A few years ago they started hollering about changing the name. The guy who built and named it said ain't never gonna happen.

Am I the only one who feels like the black folk should be grateful their ancestors had to go thru slavery? Because had they not the opposing tribe back in the mother land would have just killed them if they couldn't sell them
Bingo! Most of the blacks do not or will not study that part of their history why? Are they ashamed to know the truth that their own country sold them out.

Thread starter #15
We got a sub-division here named Nathan Bedford Forrest . Some people who evidently didn't study history bough and built in it . A few years ago they started hollering about changing the name. The guy who built and named it said ain't never gonna happen.
We bought a subdivision named Tara, below Covington, about 20 years ago and built it out. Not many white folks bought houses in there. I wonder if the name had changed?

JWF III

We bought a subdivision named Tara, below Covington, about 20 years ago and built it out. Not many white folks bought houses in there. I wonder if the name had changed?
Where is it? I’m south of Covington. I could check it out

. I do know that “they” changed the name of Covington Plantation subdivision because they didn’t want to be living on a plantation. That neighborhood is on the bypass, at the golf course. I framed a few houses there, and the golf course club house.

Wyman

rayjay

Liberty, KY will definitely be changed !!!