How many turns?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I have a Leaders Accessories compound bow I got off eBay 2.5 years ago. It was my first bow and it’s a 30-55# bow. Right now it’s maxed out, but I want to turn it down as much as I can SAFELY. I can’t find any specs on the bow or online. How many turns would y’all think I can get away with? I pulled it back yesterday with three fingers on the string, real careful like. I might can handle that, but I’m still kinda skeered.
My range of motion after the surgery is great, but my patience level is not. I’ve been practicing the motion but I want to use a release and sling some arrows, even if I’m only a few feet away from my target. I’m being careful, pushing it though I may be. Thanks for the help.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I wouldn't have a problem backing the limbs off 5 turns.
Main thing is do 1 turn at a time on each limb.
Keep an eye on how much of the limb bolt is visible on the back side of the riser and don't turn them so far the limbs are out of the limb pockets.
A spring scale would help letting you know where you are in the process.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I wouldn't have a problem backing the limbs off 5 turns.
Main thing is do 1 turn at a time on each limb.
Keep an eye on how much of the limb bolt is visible on the back side of the riser and don't turn them so far the limbs are out of the limb pockets.
A spring scale would help letting you know where you are in the process.
That makes sense. It’s really weird being in a better position when I draw back playing “air archer” , but in a good way.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
We went 4 turns and it’s bout as loose as it can be with the strings staying on the wheel and cam. Not supposed to be doing this and am still too skeered so I’ll leave it for another week or so.
I did make a training aid out of an AR grip, some shock cord and some nylon string for D loop(I have no D loop material). It has just enough tension at full draw to show me where my arrow would line up. I don’t know that I can( or will ever) get my right hand into a proper anchor position, so I’m trying it left handed too. I am a lefty and left eye dominant but have always shot a bow right handed.