How much patience is to much.

How long does everyone stay at a certain spot with no action before moving to a different spot. I find myself staying around to long waiting for that bite that is coming any minute. It generally never comes and I drive the 2 hour trip home with no fish.

johnq85

Maybe I bounce around to much but if they aren’t biting I’m usually looking for a spot where they are. I don’t spend a lot of time fishing a slow area.

Seatrout7

Do you have a trolling motor? Lots of times, if fishing is slow, you can move up or down the bank and find them in different pockets.
I agree with previous response. If they aren’t there, just keep moving and looking for fishy areas. As most will say, “find clean water, find the fish”

LittleDrummerBoy

I have a short list of historically productive locations that I stick to.

Most times out, I'll only fish 2-3 of those, so in a 5 hour morning or afternoon, I'll stay in each spot an hour or two.

I can stay at a spot for 2 hours without a bite because I caught one there before:ROFLMAO:. I'm still learning though. I do have a trolling motor. I think next time i'll take the above mentioned advise and move along if no fish are biting. That might also help me learn some new spots.

zedex

Gator Bait
I usually give a spot about 15 to 30 minutes, depending on previous success in that area.
The way I look at it is, if the area was a high producer, I'll sit on it a bit longer. If not, I'll move on. I can sit on a dead spot and not catch or move on and potentially put a fish in the boat. I'm not losing anything by moving on

Scallen

It depends. If I get to a spot that has been productive for me in the past on a slack high or low tide, I will hang out until the tide starts moving. After that, I will give it about 30 min or so before I start move around in the area. If I hit two or three similar areas in a morning and nothing is biting, then I will switch to a whole new game plan and make a run for deeper or shallower water say from the main river up a creek or the other way around.

nickel back

There are just times that the fish just don't bite no matter how much you move around. Sure, you might pick one up here there but if they biting, not much you can do with them.

Latest posts