How old were you.....

Taco4x4

I kept my 12 footer in the back of my Yota 24/7. When I went to work I would back it up till it touched our fence so no one could steal it. Get off work and straight to the lake or river. As said above take the battery out of my Yota after I parked it on a hill because most of the time the battery was dead and had to roll down the hill in 2nd gear and pop the clutch. Those were the days. Now I keep a bass boat hooked up to my Tacoma 4 or 5 days a week and it cost me a lot more money than my old Jon boat did.

oldguy

Me and my partner still scull, or I should say went back to sculling, dadblame 'lectric trollin' motor an aggrivation in the rocks on the river. Late summer, late afternoon the wind, water and day is calm, cooler already got a mess, it's hard to decide which is more fun/relaxing - fishing or sculling.

oldguy

... and real cane poles rigged tied together w/ a strip of sheet cloth sticking out the back window. Or riding in those holders that attached to the rain channels on the car.

Anvil Head

Used to tie them over the side mirror and to the back door handle. But when we took the tractor we just held them in one hand and kept the bait bucket between our knees.

Anvil Head

Pop was too cheap to by any holder. He had five kids to hold them on the short trips. I remember hunting night crawlers, knocking down wasp nest, seining creek minners, catching craws, periwinkles, and helgramites was almost as much fun as fishing (not to mention a tube of hoppers or bag of 'talpa worms).
Yessir, fun being a kid in a family that loves to fish n hunt!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Lawd, this brings back good memories. I surely couldn't afford much back then. 12 ft V bottom with oars with an old 5 hp that had a slide throttle. I caught a truck load of fish out of that boat. It was a permanent fixture in the back of a Chevy, 6 cylinder with 3 on the column. Fished ponds, rivers and even saltwater bays in that boat. There was always a coating of beer, fish and bait in the bottom of that boat.

crackerdave

Lawd, this brings back good memories. I surely couldn't afford much back then. 12 ft V bottom with oars with an old 5 hp that had a slide throttle. I caught a truck load of fish out of that boat. It was a permanent fixture in the back of a Chevy, 6 cylinder with 3 on the column. Fished ponds, rivers and even saltwater bays in that boat. There was always a coating of beer, fish and bait in the bottom of that boat.
I fished West Point a lot from a Coleman Crawdad with oars.It's a great way to troll s-l-o-w! I'd get folks asking me if I needed a tow? and when I'd load the boat up,folks would say "You caught all them fish in that boat???"

Last edited: