How to Fillet a Blue Catfish Quickly Without Skinning

Rhodes

Thanks for the video. I like that Dexter Russel fillet knife. Do you happen to know the model #? I looked them up and they have a good many design variations in that fillet knife.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I have been doing all my fish that way for years. Takes a little practice, but once you get it down, you can fillet a cooler full in no time.

Dexter Russel knives are great,I have a full set... but Mora Kniv has become my new favorite fillet knife the last couple of years

LittleDrummerBoy

Thanks for the video. I like that Dexter Russel fillet knife. Do you happen to know the model #? I looked them up and they have a good many design variations in that fillet knife.

Dexter Russell 7Sani-Safe 10613 Narrow Fillet Knife

LittleDrummerBoy

I would rather have the belly and cheeks off a nice flathead then a sack full of fillets.

How about a demo to show us how to make use of that meat?

ugajay

Have any of y'all ever eaten the belly meat of a blue cat or channel? I haven't and was just wondering

j_seph

Believe what ya have there may be a channel cat

the Lackster

Well that ticks me off that I have never gotten the belly meat off of any catfish other than flatheads
i have had belly and cheeks off all of them. The cheeks are about the consistency of a scallop when fried up. They are out of this world. Here is a picture of a good old belly.Screenshot_20200220-195332_Gallery.jpg

Last edited: