How to post a photo-Iphone

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Posting and sharing photos is so much a fun part of this forum, I have been really frustrated not being able to post them over the last few years. So having trouble myself for so long, I had to share what I found, FINALLY.
I use my iPad 95% of the time I am around this campfire and I think It is so dumb that I need to use another service to post a picture here when the technology is so advanced, including this website, it should stream. If you are like me, you go fast as u can On here to get as much done in the little time you have.......Slow down when posting photos?

When you click “attach files”, use your camera roll to select the photo you want to post( it’s probably there anyway). Your photos are NOT ON YOUR PHONE, but rather in the cloud. Look closely and you will see the circle filling up showing download progress of selected photo.......wait for it to finish! Or all of them to finish.
After the photo downloads completely, THEN you will get a small pop up at the bottom of the photos window that asks to select size of Selected photo. Click that and select medium........then use full size photo, NOT THUMBNAIL. BOOM!

IF you simply select a photo and say done real fast(like I used to do)it will link to your post and say file is too large .......and not work. I don’t care if you screenshot it or not, it ain’t happening. Slow down and wait for the photo to come down from the cloud.

This has been my issue this whole time and should be all you need using an Apple device!
Thumbnails look like this
C52890DE-D79A-464E-BEEB-F75680611A1E.jpeg
C52890DE-D79A-464E-BEEB-F75680611A1E.jpeg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Posting and sharing photos is so much a fun part of this forum, I have been really frustrated not being able to post them over the last few years. So having trouble myself for so long, I had to share what I found, FINALLY.
I use my iPad 95% of the time I am around this campfire and I think It is so dumb that I need to use another service to post a picture here when the technology is so advanced, including this website, it should stream. If you are like me, you go fast as u can On here to get as much done in the little time you have.......Slow down when posting photos?

When you click “attach files”, use your camera roll to select the photo you want to post( it’s probably there anyway). Your photos are NOT ON YOUR PHONE, but rather in the cloud. Look closely and you will see the circle filling up showing download progress of selected photo.......wait for it to finish! Or all of them to finish.
After the photo downloads completely, THEN you will get a small pop up at the bottom of the photos window that asks to select size of Selected photo. Click that and select medium........then use full size photo, NOT THUMBNAIL. BOOM!

IF you simply select a photo and say done real fast(like I used to do)it will link to your post and say file is too large .......and not work. I don’t care if you screenshot it or not, it ain’t happening. Slow down and wait for the photo to come down from the cloud.

This has been my issue this whole time and should be all you need using an Apple device!
Thumbnails look like this
View attachment 1002466
View attachment 1002466
The latest IOS upgrade from a little over a month ago has this feature. It didn't used to. I used to have to resize them to post from my phone, but it now gives you the image size option.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
The latest IOS upgrade from a little over a month ago has this feature. It didn't used to. I used to have to resize them to post from my phone, but it now gives you the image size option.
I was wondering if that was in there......?

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
You are a fast learner!
I been screamin for everyone to post fullsize for a year or two. At least since the last forum change. Those thumbnails used to be hard for me to close on my old device. I definitely don’t have a problem under posting pics and videos.
See under my title. I have a problem posting too many videos and not enough game to shoot sometimes.facepalm:

Baroque Brass

I’ve always had trouble posting pictures on GON. I’ve read the guidelines several times, especially the part about selecting the file size. Only once or twice has it asked me to select file size. Otherwise, when I try to post, I always get the “file too large“ error.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’ve always had trouble posting pictures on GON. I’ve read the guidelines several times, especially the part about selecting the file size. Only once or twice has it asked me to select file size. Otherwise, when I try to post, I always get the “file too large“ error.

Do u use a I phone ?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The reason you get that is because your raw photos are a huge file size the way they come off your phone. Our server would be clogged up in no time if folks posted full-resolution photos. Pretty much the same as every forum on the internet. All you need is a simple photo editor or resizer app, resize that photo to 1000 pixels on the wide side, and no problems. It takes about half a second.

Cmp1

BANNED
The reason you get that is because your raw photos are a huge file size the way they come off your phone. Our server would be clogged up in no time if folks posted full-resolution photos. Pretty much the same as every forum on the internet. All you need is a simple photo editor or resizer app, resize that photo to 1000 pixels on the wide side, and no problems. It takes about half a second.
Desqueeze is great,,,,batch files and guick,,,,