How will you be hunting this weekend

ChristopherA.King

will you be hunting from a blind or from your chair? I will be hunting from my chair I bought a really good leafy suite and some 3D camo to cover my chair up with then I plan on backin into some short pines. Probably will be wishing for a nice dry pop up blind though.:biggrin2:

ChristopherA.King

I only got to go out Saturday and even though I didn't get a bird it was a great hunt. Just as I was putting my decoy stake in the ground 5 birds gobbled just off to my left. I got set up and mad a few calles and the all answered back did this one more time and the all fired back again. So I was waiting and then the dang hens started up they were cutting and purring and then the toms flew down and you could here them fighting in the bottom. Needless to say the hens mad away with them but you could still here them gobbling so I thought there might still be a chance. After about an hour I saw a hen coming down the road straight to me I was hopeing there would be a strutter behind her but no luck. I was while later I saw another hen in the road but no long beards for me this weekend. Today when my wife get home from work I am gonna try my luck again wish my little boy was just a bit older we would be after them right now.

cherokee charlie

Quail Hunting

Bill,Paul and I spent Monday quail hunting. We started out at 6:30 a.m. while it was cool. We only had 17 birds but the dog (Lucy) performed perfectly under warm conditions and so did the hunters. We only lost two birds. They just walked off and we never found them. Being disabled, I hunt from a golf car. I drive as close to the dog as possible then get out and walk with two ski poles and when Bill flushes the birds I shoot what I can with my Beretta 28 ga. O/U shotgun. I absolutely love to hunt quail. Bill and Paul are two of my closest friends. They are a big help to me or I couldn't hunt.