How'd your opening day results shape up?

Goose

How did your opening day of duck season shape up?

I went to Dyars Pasture and went upriver. Ended up seeing just a handful and shooting at only a couple. We heard some shooting at the Fishing Creek flat and down at the head of the Lake. Bottom line: 0 ducks in hand.

:eek: :confused: :( :mad:

slimbo

showed up at 5 am left at 9 am in the fog and had 4 less hevishot shells and no ducks. Too much fog and mosquitos. too hot.

quak shot

results

Got a limit of woods, one greenhead, two geese, and a limit of the biggest skeeters you've ever seen.

Havana Dude

about 10 limits

of mosquitos!!!! I left about 9am , 1 Drake Ringer, and one I could not chase down, it got away. Hunted Lake Seminole, on the Fla. side. We had "OK"#'s of birds but, the skybusters were there of course, and would not let the birds work the decoys. 4:00AM and wearing a sleeves cut out t-shirt, dodging rain showers. We need some cooler weather.

kingfish

PCS Report

Hard scouting finally paid off big. Went Thursday and scouted pond 4. Better than I've seen in the last 5 years. Found a spot that surprisingly, no one went to. It took 1 and 1/2 rolls of reflective tape, but no one was within a 1/2 a mile of me. Talk about a show. I didn't pull the trigger for about the first half hour. I had hundreds of greenwing and bluewing teal drop into the hole and swim around in the dekes. I limited out in about 20 minutes all teal. Then spent the next hour watching the ducks come and go. Some one will eventually find my honey hole, but for now, it was as good as it gets. Met a great gentleman from Colquitt County who has been making the drive for 5 years. Most everyone limited out on teal and shovelers. It was pretty crowded. Pond 4 and Pond 8b (the one that parallels Pond 6) are the only ponds with water, 6 and 8a are bone dry. Its good to get lucky every now and then. Kingfish

JByrd15

GONetwork Member
4 of us hunted in our beaver swamp in Coweta Co., we killed 7: 4 woodies and 3 mallards. Each of us shot a over a box of shells, they were flying great!!!! Cant wait until next week, headed to Arkansas for 4 days!!!! :clap: :cool:

Last edited:

Nitro

Banned
100+ shells for 7 Ducks?!??!

May I suggest some time on the Sporting Clays range? :D

Glad yall had a productive morning!

AG

SGaither

Bad

Went to Dyar Pasture and maybe saw 5 birds all morning, of course those birds pasted over probably 100 other hunters and were sky high, wonder why? Anyway it was a wasted trip, didn't even pull the trigger. Went and hunted a small farm pond and ended up killing a greenhead. Heading to Alabama next weekend for their opener hope it's much cooler and the birds are more cooperative.

UWGduck

We had a decent opener we killed 7 geese and 11 ducks. Mallards, ringers, woodies, and buffleheads. Here is a pic of a few. all killed in West Ga

Attachments

• openingday.JPG
    openingday.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 243

BirdNut

Good at the Beaver Pond

In Washington County: Saw a lot of birds, we shot 2 wood duck drakes. Had a chance at more plus some teal, but I seem to need some time on sporting clays as well!

Heard a lot of shooting a good distance off. All told saw 25-30 ducks. Some just whizzing by.

rapid fire

went to my swamp yesterday afternoon to see if there's any ducks this year. Heard a couple, didn't see a thing. I sure wish it would cool off.