Hoyt, Mathews & Elite

Skyhawk

Looking for a bow shop in the general area of Fayette County that carries the above bows. Other options are in play but, to date, my research has produced this list. I haven't had a new bow since the Elite Synergy first came out. This will likely be my last bow purchase also. I want a shop that is customer oriented, patient with the selection process and meticulous in fitting and setting up the bow. They also need to have a reasonable selection of accessories in stock. I've gone through the bow shop thread. It's pretty dated. Of course, I'd like to be able to shoot each bow at one shop for direct comparison. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

Long Cut

Top Tier Archery in Carrollton BY FAR. Carl is all business.

My pull rope snapped and bow fell 18’ out of a tree, Carl got me back in the stand in 2 days and replaced 2 of my broken lighted nocks.. no charge.

I’ve been to Bowhunters Supply Store in Bowden and my experiences have been average to poor at best.

I’ve heard of good things about Gables in Douglasville but I haven’t personally bought anything from them.

toolmkr20

I’ve never had any problems what so ever out of Bow Hunters Supply in Carrollton. Chris and his crew are a stand up group of folks.

toolmkr20

I’ve also had good experiences at Top Tier as well. Maybe I dealt with someone different at BHS but always been good experiences there.

Long Cut

I’ve never had any problems what so ever out of Bow Hunters Supply in Carrollton. Chris and his crew are a stand up group of folks.

Back in 2013/2014 I went to BHS get a new bow setup. Cannot remember the gentleman who helped me setup the bow, but he was dead set on having my bow shoot bullet holes through paper. So much so in fact, he adjusted my QAD rest all the way to the left. He claimed it was perfect, but at 20 yards I was shooting over 1’ left. The arrow was coming off my bow cockeyed at a 30 degree angle.

Turns out my bow didn’t need the rest adjusted, but it needed to be shimmed to get a perfect bullet hole. I found that out after visiting another bow shop.

Another time in 2015/2016 a buddy and I went there to get his new Hoyt setup. The bowtech criticized everything from his draw weight, sight, peep choice and rest. It’s one thing to make suggestions to a customer, but to pass judgment because a customer won’t buy the hardware the bowtech has on his bow, is a little extreme. Everything about the situation came off pushy to us. We haven’t been back, and we shop at a lot of pro shops.

Those are my personal experiences at BHS, maybe others have had better. Maybe things have changed since then. But I found the shop and bowtech I trust and enjoy doing business with.

bilgerat

Senior
Check out Social circle Ace Hardware. great bow shop and great people