Huge +1 to Ruger Customer Service!!!

ASH556

I purchased a Ruger American in .243 for my kids to hunt with (eldest is 8 and will be the first to use it with the other 2 coming along as age and maturity permit). I called Ruger to ask if I could purchase a compact stock for the gun and their response was that they wanted to support getting kids interested in shooting and are sending me the stock for free! Amazing compared to what you mostly see nowadays. Way to go Ruger!

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Several years back, had a pistol stolen out of my truck, the place I bought it from had gone out of business, ended up calling ruger but I can't remember why, they took down my address and with in a few days got several hats and shirts in the mail, my size and the kids sizes. Always appreciated that, wasn't asked for and had no clue it was even coming

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Wish they’d send me one of those 7 shot revolvers. I’d write them one of the the sweetest letters they ever got.

Duff

That is great to hear!

Stevie Ray

That's what our firearms community should be about right there!

I've only had to deal with them once with one of my RPR's and they were super helpful with a quick turn around time, nice folks to talk with also.

Dr. Strangelove

The extractor broke on my LCP, one phone call later and they shipped a new extractor to me for free. They even offered to ship it to their shop, fix and ship it back all for free but I told them just to send me the part.

Good bunch of folks.

Kestas69

I had feeding problems in my AR556 350 legend. Tried polishing feed ramps my self. It did helped a little. I was tired of this issue and called Ruger. Told them that I tried to fix it and if that will void warranty I am more than happy to pay but I need that fixed. To make it short 10 days or so later they send me my rifle back fixed. No charge for fixing or shipping. Thanks Ruger

Adam5

They’re great!
I called one time about a used pistol that I bought, and asked if I could buy the box, lock, and copies of the original paperwork. Customer service said that I could not buy them, but if I gave them my address they would send them to me for free.

RegularDude

Adding my $.02: Bought the SP101 with 4" barrel and match sights in 2018. First range trip, couldn't get POI anywhere close to POA. I assumed it was the Indian and not the arrow. Took it back to the range a few weeks later and confirmed the pistol was shooting low and right at 7 yards, and not enough adjustment in the sights to center it. I was able to duplicate the low/right POI at my house using a laser boresight, and no amount of adjustment would center it.

Had quite a few personal things, plus Covid, take me off the range for a few years, but about a year ago, I finally sat down and conducted a detailed inspection of my revolver. I found the barrel was clocked slightly to the right (looking from muzzle end), which really threw the tall match sights off-target. I sent Ruger customer service an email asking for instructions and never received a response (yes, I checked my spam folder).

Several weeks ago I decided to tackle adjustments myself. Ultimately, the only way I could get the boresight laser close to center was to turn the rear sight full left and punch the front sight about 1mm to the right. Once I held it out and looked at the monstrosity I'd created, I sent Ruger another email.

This time they responded within 24 hours and asked me to send them the revolver. They received it on 21 March, I received it back from them 28 March. The rear sight was replaced, front sight re-centered, and barrel is visually oriented to 12 o'clock, as should be expected. No charge. I haven't fired it yet, by my laser boresight shows satisfactory POA to POI alignment.

Considering one week turnaround and no-charge repair of a 4-year old revolver, I'll give Ruger a pass on not answering my first email.

Very impressed that Ruger stands so strongly behind their product.

(I am not a bot, and I'm not a Ruger rep. The SP101 is my only Ruger. I posted this just to encourage others that might be experiencing problems and are waffling on what they should do.)

Big7

The Oracle
The extractor broke on my LCP, one phone call later and they shipped a new extractor to me for free. They even offered to ship it to their shop, fix and ship it back all for free but I told them just to send me the part.

Good bunch of folks.
I have an issue where my dumb butt sister LOST a bolt from one of my MK2's when I was in the hospital. Not a typo. LOST.
I already got a shipping label and a return authorization number to ship.

They will not just ship a bolt. Not even to a licensed Smith. Has to go back to Ruger to be installed and proofed.

I been in manufacturing long enough those bolts are all identical to each other and will just "drop in", but I do understand the liability on their end.

Bolt is $250.00 + insurance and shipping both ways.

I thought about buying a gently "used" M2 rifle and a field guage and just switch out the bolt after checking. That way, for several more hundred dollars, I figured I'd just add a caliber.

NOT... M77MII's are like hen's teeth. And they ain't cheap.?

Again, not Ruger's fault. This one is on my dumb butt sister.