Huge predatory bird

southernman13

I bet it’s a golden eagle. First one flew to the side then came from behind and went just above my truck roof and went out in front on me. It was huge. Second one flew along side of me then turned off. These birds were bigger than anything I’ve ever seen. Maybe I’ll see them again and can be quick in the draw and get a pic.

six

Probably a Russian Drone. They’re bad about every four years or so.

2nd guess would be an Eagle of some type.

hayseed_theology

It's pretty easy to tell a juvenile bald eagle from a golden eagle - the former tastes just like a whooping crane.

ghadarits

I bet it’s a golden eagle. First one flew to the side then came from behind and went just above my truck roof and went out in front on me. It was huge. Second one flew along side of me then turned off. These birds were bigger than anything I’ve ever seen. Maybe I’ll see them again and can be quick in the draw and get a pic.

Don't have a wreak trying to get a picture. I bet they were Golden Eagles too. The first time I saw one i was shocked at how big it was. It came gliding down a clearcut me and a friend were in. It looked like its wing span was almost as wide as the two track was cleared we were standing on about 8ft. I'd hate to be a rabbit that wasn't paying attention when that guy came in all stealthy. The only thing I've seen that was as impressive for shear size was a California Condor. It was almost like seeing someones pet though it had big tags on each wing.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Turkey vultures.
Thanks... They are pretty big and every now and then they swoop down to the house. Sometimes as low as 40’. My wife freaks out ad chases the dogs inside. I have a dog that weighs about seven pounds... would they attack it? They seem to be interested in her.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks... They are pretty big and every now and then they swoop down to the house. Sometimes as low as 40’. My wife freaks out ad chases the dogs inside. I have a dog that weighs about seven pounds... would they attack it? They seem to be interested in her.
No, they wont' bother your dog. They only eat dead carcasses.