Huge property tax increase

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Yes

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
We got hammered as well, no way my house is worth that appraisal. I did the paperwork, exercise in futility.

bilgerat

Senior
Im in Hall too, mine went up 20% last year and up almost 30% again this year, aint no way my old 40 year old house is worth as much as they appraised it for, If the county appraiser has the money he can have this old place and Ill go live in my hunting camper on My jasper co land.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Big7

The Oracle
Dropped off mine at the courthouse about an hour ago.

Florida is looking better and better.
For what it costs to live here with basically nothing to do in retirement, I would at least like to be near some good saltwater fishing.

ssramage

What did everyone think was going to happen when house prices doubled or more over the last 3-4 years?

I live on St. Simons and routinely see houses that sold for $350k in 2021 now sell for $800k+. And these people are the first to argue that their appraisals are too high. LOL

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I have a wooded tract (no house) in Jackson County that tripled in value. However, since I wouldn’t sell it for the appraised value I guess I agree with it.
Folks building subdivisions down the road caused it.

Headshot

I'm in Hall Co., too. Up 24.19% over last year's taxes. County commissioners need to reduce the millage rate(s) to reduce the actual taxes we have to pay. I don't have much faith in that though.